Ax Men go SCUBA diving for logs ~ Aqua Logger

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

just wait till OSHA gets involved :D

Given the incompetance of those guys, this comes as no surprise. Watching them was pure comic relief!

Dirty Jobs and others programs have shown legitimate operations recovering old growth logs from lakes and rivers. From a woodworkers POV, that wood is beautiful, amazing to work with and very expensive.

Just when you thought it couldn't get any dumber...THEY SUCCEED AGAIN! Caught BY national TV.

Weird though because I have heard of recovering the sunken logs in the past. Maybe the other company just had their permits in line. They were pulling old growth redwoods trees back to the surface.

I see Teamcasa beat my slooooow posting by a long shot.

The dad on that show was wired way too tight. Every time he talked to his son it was at the top of his lungs screaming.

Like another poster, I did notice too that when he wanted to check his air, he was actually turning it off. Darwin will come calling soon.

The History channel is definetly using them as a laugh factor to break up the seriuosness of the other teams. I would like to see his c-card I would doubt if he really has one. Pretty scary.... but still funny. Darwin candidates for sure

Good Lord, these two are going to end up dead.
I hope some agency shuts them down just to save them from death.
Duh, the coupler on the pump will slip if there is no key in the keyway.
Hydraulic power units should have a governor on them to maintain a set RPM.
Who knows what the strengh of that rope is on the winch, but it does not look anywhere near what it should be. When winding a winch in that setup it should have the cable wound on the bottom side. Then when the rope breaks it slams into the boat rather than fly over the top and kill everyone standing directly behind it. Also the hydraulic controls are in the most dangerous spot possible.
I mean everything about that operation is deadly, wrong, and insaine!
Never mind the diving, oh and did'nt his mother teach him to wear a hat, aka in 40 degree water your a dumb a$$ for not wearing a hood.
Where do you stop?

Back
Top Bottom