DUI weight harness question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

formernuke

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
If you pull the weight cord on the DUI harness do the weights fall out of the pockets or do the pockets come off the the harness and remain attached to the handles? In other words can you pull the cords and hand the weights up on the boat or do you have to open the pouches and pull them out manually?

Thanks for any input

The pockets come off. To hand weights up to a boat you would have to open the individual pouch and hand up the weights. There's a page on DUI's website that shows how to rethread the pockets. Not really recommended on a SI on a boat.

Hope this helps....

Hank

If you pull the handle the whole pockets will fall off and drop and you will be left holding the handles.
icon4.gif
I dive with a dry suit so sometimes I will remove bcd then hand whole harness to boat but I only do it after I fill my dry suit with air so I don't sink with no bcd on. It is not easy to rethread the handle and weight pockets back on to harness either so I wouldn't remove the handles unless I needed to drop my weights in an emergency.

If you pull the handle the whole pockets will fall off and drop and you will be left holding the handles.

No, they don't. The handles are attached to the pockets by a strap that's folded under the pocket.

I have the weight trim classic and my handles are threaded through the holes that hold the pockets to harness. If handles are pulled they pull out and weights drop out.

I have the weight trim classic and my handles are threaded through the holes that hold the pockets to harness. If handles are pulled they pull out and weights drop out.

Yes, but the weight pockets are attached to the pull-handles by a strap. Nothing drops to the bottom of the ocean unless you let go of the handles.

Still, you don't want to use this procedure to hand your weights up to a boat. Rethreading the pockets is just too grim. Especially on a rocking boat with numb fingers.

I have a little experience with this; I have 3 of the DUI and 1 of the SeaSoft. I like the harness of the SeaSoft but I like the weight capacity of the DUI.

The SeaSoft internal web bag (bright orange) makes a nice carrier for the individual weight packets. It has a handle and is easily removed from the zippered top of the pocket. Grab the handle, pull the web bag out and hand it up. Pretty nice.

Richard

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom