Looking for a new dive shop in N GA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaguy655

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
All,

I am looking for a dive shop in the north GA area, ideally as close to the Canton/Cartersville area as possible. I need a dependable shop that not only services gear, but still remembers what customer service is all about.

I have been using a shop in Chattanooga for several years; however, they have changed management and I am no longer happy with how they treat their customers.

As such, I am ready to try someone new. I would like to hear some positive experiences from other divers before I am ready to make the move.

Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks Melissa. I was hoping someone would give me some recommendations based on experience, but lacking that, I will take a stab at picking a shop at random.

I have used Deep Water Adventures in Chatsworth for quite some time now. Rick and Wanda are the owners and they are usually ok to deal with. Rick sometimes gets overwhelmed with the amount of customers that he has and he might forget to return a phone call from time to time but he will generally do whatever you need him to do. I don't have the number off the top of my head but it should be in a phone directory for Chatsworth, GA. It is also a lot closer than going to Chattanooga too.

I never used Southern Swim & SCUBA in Cartersville, but I was wondering way you don't use them.

I never used Southern Swim & SCUBA in Cartersville, but I was wondering way you don't use them.

I have not been looking for a new shop until recently and thought that others on the BB might have 1st hand experience with shops that are more local for me. Customers that are happy with the service they receive goes a long way in my book towards me being a potential customer.

Otherwise, it is a best guess.

As to the shop you mention, I don't have any experience with them but may very well stop in and talk to them to see what they are about.

I use Dive Shop V on Sandy Plans for my Aqualung regs service. I'm happy with that service and cost. But I find that alot of other prices are high.

Southern Swim and Scuba is in Cartersville. The only problem I have ever seen is that their hours are variable. They do however have air fills and can do Tri-mix fills. However there are ways of getting in touch with the owners via Atlanta Technical Divers. Mark and Richard Blackburn can tell you more about the shop. www.atlantatechnicaldivers.com

At the Dive Haven Quarry in White, they have a small SSI shop.

Heading south from Cartersville, probably the next closest shop would be "The Dive Shop" over off of Sandy Plains or Diver's Supply in Marietta. I personnaly use Diver's Supply alot. Jack will definitely take care of you. I believe the next one going south is Gerrard Underwater Adventures (near Dobbins AFB) in Marietta.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom