Kidspot comes through, big time!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sea nmf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Well, two great dives hosted by kidspot! These were my first scooter dives. It took awhile to get used to it but what fun after you do! (Kind of additcting, really)

Anyway, the first dive we left from Mala boat ramp, but went out to "the Pipe". Wow. The coral reef is soooo much more healthy than on Oahu. When we arrived, you could have walked across the bottom on very large turtles. There were so many, you just can't imagine them as endangered. Some were resting, some were lazily swimming, some were getting cleaned. It was very fun!

Two days later, we went to a site called the Manta Cleaning Station. You have to know how to get through the reef here so a local guide is a must. Anyway, not five minutes into the dive, a very large manta ray was cruising the reef. It came over to give us a look-see, then slowly swam away.

The whale songs and sounds were so close that we felt the vibration in our bodies. I was just sure that we would see one (we didn't). There was an unusual sound I heard that Tim identified as the mama. After we got back into shore, there were whales breaching right where we had been (missed opportunity).

By the end of this dive, I was confident enough on the scooter that I was ratching it up to the higher level to go retrieve one of the other divers.

Thanks, again, kidspot, for wonderful and FUN dives. I hope I can return the favor (sans scooters) when you are able to dive on Oahu.

Tim's definitely a great dive buddy! I am so lucky to have met him over here on Maui!!! It's awsome you saw a Manta at Ukumehame. I was hoping to dive yesterday but I had to do something else :( Those Scooter are super fun!!! I think Scooter + big battery + rebreather has to be about the most hardcore dive setup I can think of... I was diving today with B&B Scuba and saw 2 Mantas and 2 Spotted Eagle Rays... No scooters though and we kicked and kicked! :( :) Can't beat that for a Monday!!

Sean

Becky - It was so much fun diving with you ... you can be my buddy anytime :D

I posted my site review here: Maui Dive Report: 3-2-08 - Manta Cleaning Station - The Dive Matrix Forums so I won't repost it over here.

Sean - Gotta agree that rebreathers and a scooter would be SO much fun! Maybe I'll have to start looking at a little one so I can keep up with you eh? We could really explore some of these sites well! - Looking forward to our dive together on Thursday :)

Aloha, Tim

So scooters and now a rebreather too? Man this move is going to cost me.

Jill loved taking the rebreather course from Brad. I didn't do it last time, maybe next. I see one in her future for sure.

Sadly I own not a rebreather nor an X Scooter! Tim you'd be doing circles around me!! (I think you have before :)) I'm just saying it would be the optimal... Sub optimal with good vis is pretty fine with me!

Don't mean to hijack, I have had a great time diving with Tim and just wanted to express that!

Thanks,

Sean

So cool Becky!!! I am so glad you had fun, just wish I could have been there to share it! Have to tell me all the details this weekend (I hope the conditions are good at E-beach!)

Sounds like Tim took you on a couple of great dives - mantas, scooters and whales - what's not to like?

The scooters sound especially fun.

I think Scooter + big battery + rebreather has to be about the most hardcore dive setup I can think of...Sean

Kinda like THIS? OK - Now just add a big SLR housing and start clicking away as you go! (That's Aaron from Maui Dreams and Bobby B)

DSC_4104.jpg

oooh - you have scooters AND rebreathers now Mark?

While a CCR would be very nice, even an SCR would be enough for the dives were talking about here ... 3 hr shallow shore dives :)

My wife did 2 hours on a shoredive with a 63 and had 1100 pounds left. I think I had 100 pounds left in my 80 :) She probably doesn't need a rebreather for shore dives, strap her 100 on and she'll be good all day :)

But she's talking about that Inspiration a lot lately :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom