Xcd2 TechDry Or Trilam Hd Tech

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the socks and wear Converse hi-tops/Chuck Taylors over them. Works great. Inexpensive and comfortable. Plus, should you care, they come in lots of different styles.... :14:

I have the XCD2 Tech and love it. However, I just flew to upstate NY for some diving and packing it was an issue - at 12lbs it takes up a lot of space. I'm also a bit more bothered by the slow drying time than I thought I would be. Add to that the fact that a 2mil neo suit in Texas is a bit of overkill ... I just ordered the HD Trilam Tech and hope to have a side by side comparison by the end of October.

Hey all! I thought I'd jump in on this thread...

I'm ordering a Trilam HD Tech Dry for my girlfriend and had a question or two you BARE users might be able to answer:

Are the undergarments machine washable? (CT200)
Does anyone use the cuff ring/dryglove system? Can you give me any info on that? I'm a bit confused as to how that works (I thought it was something you put on OVER the drysuit, but I see you can have it factory installed?)

Thanks so much!
Spencer

Are the undergarments machine washable? (CT200)

They say they are, but not really. Thinsulate is very sensitive to washing. Your best bet is to wear them until they just stink too badly and then handwash in a mild detergent and absolutely lay out to dry. Don't put them in the dryer.

Wearing a base layer will help to keep the sweat and body oils off of the inner fleece which I've founds helps to keep them from getting stinky too quickly. I wear a Smart Wool base layer and wash those after every weekends use.

Does anyone use the cuff ring/dryglove system? Can you give me any info on that? I'm a bit confused as to how that works (I thought it was something you put on OVER the drysuit, but I see you can have it factory installed?)

I'm not going to be much help here as I just use plain old wet gloves. Some systems require a ring to be permanently attached to the suit. Others do not. They have an inner ring and an outer ring and the suit is sandwiched between the two but is not altered in any way.

They say they are, but not really. Thinsulate is very sensitive to washing. Your best bet is to wear them until they just stink too badly and then handwash in a mild detergent and absolutely lay out to dry. Don't put them in the dryer.

Wearing a base layer will help to keep the sweat and body oils off of the inner fleece which I've founds helps to keep them from getting stinky too quickly. I wear a Smart Wool base layer and wash those after every weekends use.

I'm not going to be much help here as I just use plain old wet gloves. Some systems require a ring to be permanently attached to the suit. Others do not. They have an inner ring and an outer ring and the suit is sandwiched between the two but is not altered in any way.

Thanks! I figured they HAD to be officially machine washable, but it is good to know it might not be advisable. Base layer is a good idea - she was already thinking about it:) I'm ordering today... hopefully it will arrive soon!

Depending on the model dry gloves can be wonderful or a real PIA. I have an OS suit and while the gloves are nice I usually dive wet gloves(pinnacle merino 5 mils). The last time I used my dry gloves I made the mistake of stretching a little too much getting my harness on and didn't realize I'd popped both ring seals until my hands hit the water. Ended uo diving wet hands anyway. The pinnacles have been warm enough for two 45 minute dives with 15-20 of that in 40 degree water with an hour surface interval.

I have the socks and wear Converse hi-tops/Chuck Taylors over them. Works great. Inexpensive and comfortable. Plus, should you care, they come in lots of different styles.... :14:

LMAO... this made me laugh so hard at work.. thank you!

I have both suits. However, I dive the XCD2 Tech more than the HD. Since I live in Fl, I like being able to dive without undergarments, especially when it's in the high 90's. The XCD2 does take longer drying out, but that's not really a big deal. Either suit will serve you well.

I'm owner of Bare XCD2 Pro dry. But without undergarments. Going to by one. Water temp. is from 42’F to 56’F. What do you guys think of combination XCD2 and CT200? Will it be to warm or not? It’s quite good suit. Flexible, Not so heavy...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom