What do you do with your camera when you are not shooting?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snepdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My housing has a wrist strap and I was wondering if you should just let the camera hang from your wrist or clip it off. I find during my diving that there are times I don't take shots and just let it hang. THen I got to thinking, I wish I could clip it off somewhere. If you clipped it off, Where would you clip it? Thanks all.

Once I am done shooting, I fold up my strobe arms and clip off the rig to my crotch d-ring. Because it is negative, it hangs nicely below and does not interfere with my ascent and leaves both hands free.

I clip mine off to my shoulder D ring and sling it under my arm. Just kind of hangs there nice and I have both hands free.

One thing you might want to consider. Some people dont think its safe to clip your housing to you. I used to have a large DSLR housing and two strobes. I clipped it on to me with one of those cords that looks like an old school phone cord. I was once on a boat diving in kelp and a fellow photographer asked me what I was going to do if I got stuck in the kelp and than had an emergency. I could now be tied up by my camera. So I stopped tethering myself to the camera. I figured If I had a problem I could just let go and sort out my problem. I did still keep a clip on it for safety stops and that sort of thing. Just something to think about.

I clip mine to my chest d ring. I have enough room in my wrist strap so that I can run my wrist through the strap, then unclip the camera from my BC. That way I always have one place where the camera is attached.

Brent

i put a small loop of cave line on the handle, with a loop on the end of it, then use a double ender to attach it to either chest d-ring, or crotch d-ring depending on circumstances.

the advantage of the double ender, if one side jams, you can disconnect the other, or just cut the cave line.

I leave mine clipped to the chest ring the whole time. I already lost one camera when it slipped off my wrist without my knowing it. I don't worry about tangles because the wrist strap is short enough and the camera is small. But I think I am using a suicide clip.:11: :rofl3:

Back
Top Bottom