Oahu; April 4-8th trip; West side or Shark's Cove?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sushi: Sensei

or my other favorite

KUA AINA
66-214 Kamehameha Highway
Haleiwa, HI 96712
(North Shore Oahu)
Tel. (808) 637-6067
Great sandwiches and burgers. (LD $)

KUA AINA
1116 Auahi, Bay 5
Honolulu, HI 96814
(Honolulu / Downtown Area)
Tel. (808) 591-9133
Great sandwiches and burgers. (LD $)

Thanks for the restaurant tips. Will check out Sensei and Roy's. Hope to make it to Haleiwa and Sharks Cove. Looks like my diving will be limited to one morning so we can take a family whale watching trip. May try to dive Makaha Caverns.

My wife kind of freaked at the thought of me diving in caves/caverns so I told her they were more like underwater "arches".....like the golden arches of McDonalds.:wink:

We were referred to a company called Sail Hawaii that does snorkeling/whale & dolphin watching trips out of Waianae. Any experiences?

If you have only one day ( or a few) to dive, I'd recommend http://oahuscubadivers.com. You'll get either 1 on 1 service with a DM(Lisa) or an Instructor (Roger) or an extremely small group with either or both of them for that personal experience. I've used them on my last 2 trips and will be diving with them again on the second week in April. :D

They are great with New Divers (as I was on my first trip) and can also accommodate seasoned divers.

Aloha,
For lack of time you may want to check out, www.hawaiinautical.com
They are located right in KoOlina Marina have snorkle, whales and scuba. The whales are thick right now and you will most likely be able to spot some right from the Ihilani.
In Kapolei you have the Hapa Grill, Kazoku Sushi ( real good next to Starbucks and Taco's del Mar). Chuck's Steakhouse is now open at the Marriott Beach Club.

CatalinaCanuck:Roger and Lisa are highly recommended but I don't want to brave Friday traffic to drive into town.

MLNJM3: I actually already booked with Hawaii Nautical for the convenience of working thru the hotel. I requested Makaha Caverns. Sharks Cove will have to wait for another trip.

Seeing whales from the hotel would be fantastic. We'll also do the whale watching boat tour as well. Leaning toward WildSide.

Thanks for the Kapolei restaurant tips! Departing on Wednesday!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom