Greetings from NYC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WaterDance:
The cold is only partly the issue to get certified locally, its also that the Dive shop I use here isn't offering the advanced open water course until July 7/8

I have the bug! So, the Keys, Bonaire, or the Carribbean...

Checking out all the options, can't wait to get wet again!

You could go to Key Largo and take a DIR-F class.

Red Sea Lover:
I think you can use your temp. card, it's ok to use it till you receive your permenent one
Welcome to SB. You may post your own Intro if you'd like.

She can indeed, but she was asking about getting her Advance OW card as some charters here required that card for some dive sites - and it does give a new diver more training, altho the charters' rules are probly more for insurance & liabilities.

The lady does seem to have something of a sophomoric feeling like I had for way too long in my early diving days. I did 100 ft on one dive and swam thru the top cabin on a wreck - both on a resort course, so I felt like I was a diver. I carried that naive feeling for too long into my diving, but survived my associated mistakes. There are certainly good reasons why a newbie should not be diving to 140 ft or swimming thru wrecks.

I suggested that a Nitrox card would be about as important for the dives associated with sites for which the charters require Aow, but no one picked up on that.

The Dir-F suggestion is a whole different discussion...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom