Good diving and nightlife near Manila?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pakman:
don't get your danglies caught in that Pao... :rofl3:

Rexman, hmm big fish... There are some options in the Philippines but they're not sure things. If you go the right season, you've got whale sharks in Leyte, thresher sharks and mantas in Malapascua, and schooling barracudas and jacks in Bohol (Balicasag Island). Those are all areas accessible from Cebu. Coron is just wrecks (nice ones though).

speaking of coron, there are sharks and jacks there. but you have to go all the way to club paradise. a nurse shark charged when we lighted up a big lobster during a nightdive.

man, these pictures are..... strange.

paolov:
not that, the intake port of the clam.

similar to this but more of a close up and into kind of pic

K06-398018.jpg

but not like this..... this is too much
K06-398020.jpg

Malapasqua has some great dives, here be Thresher's. Not that we saw any on the dive we did as the vis that morning was terrible. it's a beauty of an island but we were there in feb 06 and it was quiet, there was a night club which had been closed down that was surposed to be pretty wild and there was talk of it opening up again. great place to go and chill, very clean white sand cheapish beers, great diving.

rexman24:
been checking Cebu and Bohol and they look pretty good
I thought getting that far away from Manila might be a budget problem, but then found 68$ RT flights Manila to Cebu city!
Any issues with terrorism being that far south?

Hey Rexman,

What airlines did you find $68 flights? Also, are do you know about flights from Dau airport?

Thanks!

Thanks for all the info and laughs to everyone, and those pics! wow.

Im not familiar with Dao but will look it up.

The 68$ flights I found on w.mobissimo.com. Manila-Cebu.

I looked up Dau aiport, are you talking about Daru, PNG. The only thing Ive found out about it so far is there doesnt seem to be any flights there from the US.
You will have to tell me more about it and what flights are there that would be a help to me?????

the nearest airport to DAU is diosdado macapagal international airport. where the former Clark Air Base of the US was. flights are mostly to singapore and kuala lumpur. i dont think there are flights to the US.

Back
Top Bottom