Help me improve my trim (with video)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You need to keep your head up. Pin the back of it to your 1st stage. Arch your back and clench your butt checks together. Like your trying to keep a marble in there without droping it. All of that will help level you out and bring your knees up. It will almost feel like your just starting to tip forward. You will definately feel it after the dive the 1st few times, some muscles will be a little sore.

neil:
I think you look good. I thought I caught a glimpse of ankle weights. ?? If so, lose them for a while, or permanently. If no ankle weights, I'd move some weight forward as TSandM suggested. Then teach the camera person everything you know. :)
Youre not suggesting the camera person need to work on stabilizing the picture do you?

Moving the weight forward as TSM said and then arching your back and head up as Onfloat stated will help you out. One way to check your knees is to drop your head forward. You should be able to look down your chest and just barely see the fronts of your thighs. To streamline yourself even further, go to a frog kick instead of a modified flutter.

I have to say that after only three DS dives you are doing spectacularly well. My comments and are being very, very nit picky. I wish I had looked as good after my first 50 DS dives.

Thanks for the comments everyone...I'll try and remember them and work on it on my next dive.

Someone mentioned ankle weights - I don't have any ankle weights, so don't need to worry about moving them :)

LOL re: comments on video! That was my sister and she doesn't dive. She was freediving, but she's not very good at that either! You should have seen the footage I had to wade through just to get what I did - I was feeling rather seasick by the end!

Mel.b

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom