Quck Disconnect? i.e. Suuno

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

roegenwalder

Registered
Reaction score
Hi. Just picked up a Suunto Cobra. It didn't come with the quick disconnect, but I figure that having one would probably be a good thing so that I don't need to wrench the cobra off the kit or carry the whole kit around with me. But at $60 or more, I'd rather wrench it off-- with my teeth!

Anybody know of less expensive options for quick disconnects? Are other brands compatible?

Thanx

I had a quick disconnect on my first Cobra till the time I got to the quarry and realized my Cobra was at home still connected to the PC. I was able to dive with the SPG from my pony, the backup bottom timer and depth gauge and the tables. But I sold the QD and haven’t used one since. I really don’t see a good reason to have one and it’s just something else to break.

roegenwalder:
Hi. Just picked up a Suunto Cobra. It didn't come with the quick disconnect, but I figure that having one would probably be a good thing so that I don't need to wrench the cobra off the kit or carry the whole kit around with me. But at $60 or more, I'd rather wrench it off-- with my teeth!

Anybody know of less expensive options for quick disconnects? Are other brands compatible?

Thanx
Since the high pressure hose is not brand specific, you should be able to use any brand quick disconnect. I found one for $30., but I'd consider it an added failure point. If I were adding one, I'd want a "name brand". When I want to download my computer, I bring the whole collection of hoses and regulators back to my room. The power inflator is on a disconnect, and I swap the first stage to a new tank after every dive ...so really aren't we talking about how heavy it would be to walk with your regs and computer, instead of just your computer? Even if you consider it not to be a failure point, it isn't worth $30 to have one (to me).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom