Spares - What and where for YBOD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubanimal

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello all,
My new inspiration (vision) should be here in a few weeks. Unfortunately (happily) I am leaving on a dive trip to Roatan a few days later. I would like to build up my spares box prior to getting the unit. I have a few items in mind already but am having trouble locating a source.

Please do any of you know a good source and what do you keep in your spare box for the Inspiration?

Thanks,

Xtreme Scuba which isnt too far from you seemed to have a decent amount of spares for the the Inspo :wink:

A spare set of sensors, spare batteries, O2 compatible lube, the special tool for the "hat ring", volt-ohm meter, hex keys and port plugs for the regulators...that's about it.

Take a spare sensor, batteries which I get new in-date EverReady and Energizer batteries off E-Bay for about $1 each, scrim cloth, a spare cannister o-ring, both one for the scrubber and one for the head, make sure you take a viton o-ring for the reg, and MAKE sure you take a spare viton o-ring for the 02 button on your counterlung, as when you usncrew the button the o-rings can fall out and get lost. Add mouthpiece o-rings too.

Also, make sure you take the crotch strap, as the rig can tend to ride up while using a slick wetsuit.

Xtreme Scuba is in Ventura, Scuba Schools of America is probably a bit closer in Montclair. SSA is the largest dealer for SDS/AP afaIk.

We have a full supply of all the spares you may need on your Evolution or Inspiration in stock

Back
Top Bottom