Whale Sharks in Southern Leyte

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Funny Thread.

A bit of info to share; I was in Southern Leyte mid Nov - dove with Peter's Dive Resort. Nice opretaion, pretty basic accom and food, but nice people.

Did not see any whaleshark - too early, I was told.

Regarding the ferry - I was told Ocean Jet is unreliable and I took the Kingfisher line instead (suggested by Peter). The only negative about this boat is it's a bit slower, and it leaves Cebu at 6 pm (if my memory serves me right) and does not pull into Bato until around 9 pm, and by the time you get into Padre Burgos (where the dive resorts are), it will be close to midnight.

Please do share your whaleshark experience after your trip.

Diver69

moonlighting:
Actually, I don't know. The trip is care of our instructor. INitially, what I know is we're going to Sorsogon (maybe some diving there if there is any) and then Donsol (diving again. Again, if there's any) and then if possible go to Southern Leyte for more whale sharks at shallow water.

I will ask details tomorrow and relay to you January 3 (that's when i get to access the internet again, I can give you SMS but I'm having second thoughts because you never answer text messages)... hehehe
There is at least one dive ops in Donsol (Sorsogon). It is located in the Woodland Resort. Run by a belgian guy.
Officially you cannot cannot with the sharks but if you rent the gear and the boat... well no one is going to stop you. The viz is crap anyways and usually the sharks are chugging along at pace to feed so bring your scooter.

Matthew:
my pleasure!:D
hey, I don't look too bad... :)

Now some PPD needs to photoshop mike's face into Mr. Collins. Oh wait, no need. :D hahahaha...

way off topic guys. We just killed the thread. :D

Mike Veitch:
You know Chip i am glad i learned this one today.... :e18:

I just went through the entire smiley list to find one for you mike. Here it is: :butterfly (Most of them are useless!)

This thread has gone down the: :klo:

Ahhh, i know what butterfly means in PI, they tell me you are one....

Yes, we do have a certain flare for taking things off topic don't we?

Mike Veitch:
Ahhh, i know what butterfly means in PI, they tell me you are one....

Yes, we do have a certain flare for taking things off topic don't we?
you guys are hilarious! when you guys finally get to meet in person the popcorn and beer will be worth it to watch the both of you in action

Jag

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom