Nobel Prize for Environmental Concern: Which Country?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drbill

The Lorax for the Kelp Forest
Scuba Legend
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
After spending a good part of the day listening to folks debate whether Japan, Iceland or Norway (as whaling nations) care for their environments (I think they do), I'm curious.

If you were on the Nobel Prize Committee to award a prize to the country showing the greatest concern for its natural environment, which one would you choose? Bonaire and Costa Rica come to mind immediately for their efforts, but I'd be interested in what others think on this subject.

The Prize is... I get to move there (since my own government seems to be showing so little concern for such matters). Any of the brilliant and lovely ladies on the board can move there with me as I'm hoping it will be a place with fantastic diving due to the environmental concern shown by that nation.

Oh... Please pick a country with warm tropical water, or at worst temperate conditions!

New Zealand seem to have a handle on things - they've turned an introduced pest (brushtail possums) into a burgeoning novelty sock industry :D

When you throw out all the rhetoric and get right down to actions and money spent, the United States wins hands down.
Rick

Rick- Can't deny that a lot of money has been spent and actions taken in the past. However at the present time much of the effort over the previous few decades seems to be under attack and undermined.

Rick, do not say anything pro-American or you will get this thread removed.

drbill:
Any of the brilliant and lovely ladies on the board can move there with me as I'm hoping it will be a place with fantastic diving due to the environmental concern shown by that nation.
!
You are such a flirt.

Rick Murchison:
When you throw out all the rhetoric and get right down to actions and money spent, the United States wins hands down.
Rick

I agree with Rick.

Sorry Bill.

Back
Top Bottom