Email from Blue Angel/Caribe Blu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Harro10

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This is copied from an email sent out from Jeanie:

Thanks to all of our friends that have inquired about us all in Cozumel - all of our people made it safely through WILMA!

5 of our 6 boats have been cleaned and ready to go diving!

Electricity has been slowly returning to Cozumel - as is the phone service. This I think is amazing!

The people of Cozumel are also AMAZING - they are all helping to clean the debris from the streets.

Right now there is NO travel to Cozumel - even Alejandra who is in Mexico City right now - has been denied being allowed to return. Ale is trying to get a special permission to return.

For the hotel - once the cleaning is complete - and a few doors are finished along with the glass replaced - we will be ready for guest!

Much of the work will depend on availability of supplies, which I hope will not slow us down.

At the hotel and dive shop - all of our people, divemasters, cooks to Captains (even Victor) are helping clean up - we are fixing lunch for our workers - so we are feeding about 20 people each day.

So far I do not think anyone is going hungry - but we have to stand in long lines for one 5 gallon jug of water per person. Yesterday - I went to three stores to buy food and supplies and stood in line to get in and stood in line to check out for a total of almost 5 hours.

I will try to update you as to the progress of the rebuilding and things in Cozumel.

Thank You
Jeanie Buscher
BLUE ANGEL DIVE SHOP

Jeanie -

So glad you are positive about the clean up! I hope Ale is able to return to you soon and that all the problems are fixed quickly so you can get back to business!

I will email you in a couple of months as we are considering coming back for our wedding celebration next year :)

Kristin

This has me very optimistic. Please pass on to Jeanie that I'm ready to roll! I and two friends are scheduled to arrive Nov 26, and if at all possible, we'd love to be down there!

Riot

We have reservations at Caribe Blue for December 18-24. I really like the up-beat tone of Jeanie's message. It gives me some hope that we will be able to stay there. I hope that they will be letting guests know about their progress because I do want to go the Cozumel to dive and spend money.

I am so glad you are doing ok do you know anything about Robertas Scuba Shack and The Village TanKah I hope they are ok. Please if you hear anything let me know Thanks
Diving Diva

I would also really like to know something about Robert and Roberta's place, especially village tankah. I've posted this inquiry in a few spots and tried to contact them directly with no luck. Anyone know anything? Village tankah is a small B&B tucked sort of behind and south of Casa Del Mar. It's pretty sheltered in there, so I'm hoping for the best. I did read that the Casa del Mar pier was gone, which I assume is the same one Roberta was using; the T-shaped pier that the catamarans docked at. I bet Ernesto's is gone, and I suspect the small dive shop/lockers/counter is gone too. If anyone has any info I"d be really grateful.

Even before Wilma, Jeannie at the Blue Angel was asking those who came down to the Caribe Blu to bring along any spare or unneeded clothing and shoes for the needy. I would have to say that the need has magnified considerably, and will drag along as much as I can slip past the weight limits when we hit cozumel on Nov. 26th. If anyone else can see their way clear to do the same, I'm sure anything would be appreciated. Jeannie will collect anything that is brought to the Caribe Blu, I am sure. It's a small thing, I know, but right now anything will help. :Kissy: Woody

I heard the Caribe Blues pool was on the ocean is this just a rumor? Does anyone have any pictures of the hotel and pool area??? Kathy

scubacoz22:
I heard the Caribe Blues pool was on the ocean is this just a rumor? Does anyone have any pictures of the hotel and pool area??? Kathy
Rumor only. I saw photos of it this morning (Sat.) and while it looks beat up, it is not gone.

From this photo album:
http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2118380855&mode=guest

You get this photo:
f1b24107.jpg

In case this direct link doesn't work, it is photo 86 in the album

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom