Force Fins--dare I ask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I stopped racing through the water along time ago because I was missing the view. Once I came to that decision I got rid of the large and sometimes heavy blades. My LDS introduce me to Force Fins and it was love at first kick. Started out using regular Force Fins a few years ago and moved up to Tan's. Found that you could over power the regular Force if you used a lot of kick power. The fin would fold back on the power stroke and allow the kick energy to slip by the fin. I moved to a Tan Delta fin and this problem was resolved for me. Today I use the regular FF for pool and Tan Delta in open water.
I am not a fan of the Extra Force and the other longer blades. I get all the forward movement and comfort I need using the original style. In the event that I reguire a burst of speed to catch someone the original Tan's are all that is needed by me. If I needed to swim against the clock again I would go back to my roots and use Jet Fins. But this is not something I plan to do. FF are not for everyone but if you can fully master the use of the fin you will not look back.

There Ugly!
But they do have there place in scuba diving. for somebody that has
a problem with cramping I think there great because they dont have alot of
resistance in the water. there not great for DMs or Rescue. at times they propelled me
just fine thru the water other times not. diving thru the wrecks they worked great.

All in All I give them a 7 on a 10 scale

GotAir

I am on my way to buying my third pair - 2 delta's & a pro.
They are awesome - no cramps in ~8 years, and certainly enough power without fatigue. Highly recommended - and for those who keep knocking them down - get real - I suggest you try them first - you have no clue what you are missing,

To keep things in perspective, I have tried a variety of garbage from Mares, Cressi-Sub, Scubapro, US Divers, Wenoka (think I have one of those) and many others. THEY ALL SUCK. I will use my force fins till I am no longer. The tan delta's are just plain beutiful in or o0ut of the water!!!
Cheers

http://www.scubaboard.com/images/icons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom