Custom wetsuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Butch,

I think Caroline at LiquidFit will send a suit anywhere you need it. I have heard of her sending suits to South America for clients because there wasn't time to send it to their home. I don't think sending to Canada would be a problem.

I just bought a couple of Oceaner wetsuits custom fit and color through my LDS. My suit cost $400 for the suit, $85 for the custom sizing, and $20-30 for custom color. So about $500 plus tax's

Here's the webpage address http://www.oceaner.com

They are based out of BC in Canada. Great product they make 4 different wetsuits as well as 3 (I think) different drysuits. Best of luck.:)

Butch

Aquaflite (www.aquaflite.com) ships outside of the U.S. However, they only accept U.S. $ as payment.

I just bought a suit from them and it is excellent quality at a good price.

- JG:)

Hi everyone,

Wondering if you could please help me out and let me know of good companies that make custom wetsuits, and your experience with them. My partner and I are probably going to get some made but we'd like to know what's available.

Thanks in advance

Shaneel:)

My dive buddy (wife) had one made by Liquid Fit. She had a 7mm farmer Jane made. We dive in New England where it is cool water most of the time. (50's-60's) I was amazed at how she hasn't called a dive because she was cold this year. We started diving in april water temp 44 degs.

The suit took a while to get made and she did have to send it back for some adjustments. The person (Carolyn) was courtious, friendly, and very helpful.

This last weekend another diver complimented her on what a beautiful suit it was.

She had ankle zippers added, and if you asked her she would tell you to get wrist zippers added too. She didn't get them and will probably have them put in this winter. The wrists on the suit are hard to get off and on over her hand. Now thats a closely tailored fit!

My wife and I bought 2 suits from Aquaflite (www.aquaflite.com). We just used the suits for the first time during our trip to the Galapagos so they really got a good workout. They are very good quality suits with great color options. My wife had a 6.5 mil fullsuit with 5 mil jacket and hood. All were matching purple/lime green. She looked really sharp and got a lot of good comments from our dive group! I had a 5 mil fullsuit with a 5 mil jacket and hood. Mine was black with a cool yellow racing stripe on the sides. Everyone said they could spot us a mile away since we really stood out in these suits!

Aquaflite has something called Oceanliner which is a slick material on the inside. Made it easier to get on and off.

We also had to send my wife's suit back for alterations, but Ed (the President) was great about it.

- JG

When I was a kid, I wore AA/AAA shoes, age has flatenned things out to size A(12). I post from time to time hoping someone has found a custom boot manufacturer who would reasonably produce a product from a foot outline using a custom last. I use Henderson boots and booties which are about the narrowest I can find and do on occasion use a neoprene sock to bulk the foot up.

I'd just like to have something that fits as it should.

Any info would be appreciated. Failing this, I'll probably get a pair of Force Fins - their foot pocket + the instep insert fits as it should on my bare foot or with a 1mm sock.

Thanks in advance.

Bill

I'm planning on ordering a custom sized suit next month. The manufacturer offers several colors in addition to black. For kayaking, I have a red farmer john that I rather like the looks of and was thinking about ordering this for my SCUBA suit as well. However, the preponderance of black suits makes me wonder if there is some sort of practical functionality of black that I should be thinking about. Some possibilities that come to mind are

1) Black retains/absorbs heat - is this significant enough to notice in a wetsuit?

2) Do different colors have an impact on how close other fish will let you get to them (i.e., do flashy colors spook fish)

3) black doesn't show dirt and stains as much (and has a slimming effect)

4) Colors other than black would probably allow you to stand out a bit more in a group dive and ensure that your buddy won't get confused about who is you or who you is

5) If rescuers are trying to find you, it will be a lot easier wearing something other than black

6) Does red look goofy? I suppose black has that neato ninja look.

Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom