Suggestion Database errors, 2022 errors, this site is broken.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
CuzzA

CuzzA

Wetwork for Hire
Reaction score
FWIW, this site is becoming unusable. To the point I often just close it and move on. So many bugs, so many errors. I cancelled my red renewal because half the time the site doesn't work.

ScubaBoard is broken and I suspect a crash is on the horizon.

Really? What browser are you using? Why don't I have the problems you report?

I frequently get long delays (of just a failure) in loading "What's New", long delays (or just a failure) in loading "emoticons", and occasional "database errors" leading to a blank screen. Attempts at posting replies occasionally result in something like "server error, try again later"... All this is in Windows10/Chrome (occasionally with an Android phone or tablet)... I thought it was my PC as it is getting long in the tooth at about 3-5 years old....

I frequently get long delays (of just a failure) in loading "What's New", long delays (or just a failure) in loading "emoticons", and occasional "database errors" leading to a blank screen. Attempts at posting replies occasionally result in something like "server error, try again later"... All this is in Chrome... I thought it was my PC as it is getting long in the tooth at about 3-5 years old....
I get similar with Chrome on (newish) PC and Chrome on (recent) Android phone.

I get it too sometimes. I have correlated it to @Miyaru performing system maintenance a few times but not always.

It "seems" to happen a lot more on a WiFi than a hardwire (Ethernet) connection, but it isn't often enough to say that with confidence.

It "seems" to happen a lot more on a WiFi than a hardwire (Ethernet) connection, but it isn't often enough to say that with confidence.
I'd say it is about even for wired or wireless for me... I am mostly on a wired connection for PC, and wireless for tablet/phone.

There's errors but it's a long way from "unusable".

Must be quite a busy site though. Database might need some TLC.

@Miyaru manages the database very closely. ScubaBoard is using a different server farm that is located in Europe since the 2021 upgrade in late September. Amazon's AWS was used before. It could also have something to do with xenForo 2.x.

AFAIK, ScubaBoard is one of xenForo's largest forums. We passed 9 million posts around the first of this year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom