Zoop Novo Battery Replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I found one LDS that will do the replacement. The problem is it's $55 per computer.

I've replaced a Zoop Novo battery before (without replacing the o-ring) and the job took me ~3 minutes and a $4 watch battery. I'm willing to pay a bit extra to get a new o-ring. Paying almost 20% of the price of a new computer just to get a small extra measure of safety seems excessive though.
My Zoop Novo computer battery finally is running "low" after nearly three years since it's last service. As much as I rely on my dive computers (I use my Zoop Novo as a 'backup' device), the expense and peace of mind having my local dive shop service it is worthwhile.

My Zoop Novo computer battery finally is running "low" after nearly three years since it's last service. As much as I rely on my dive computers (I use my Zoop Novo as a 'backup' device), the expense and peace of mind having my local dive shop service it is worthwhile.

I guess a false sense of peace of mind is still peace of mind.

-Z

I found one LDS that will do the replacement. The problem is it's $55 per computer.

I've replaced a Zoop Novo battery before (without replacing the o-ring) and the job took me ~3 minutes and a $4 watch battery. I'm willing to pay a bit extra to get a new o-ring. Paying almost 20% of the price of a new computer just to get a small extra measure of safety seems excessive though.
Does this include a pressure test and a replacement of a flooded computer after they changed the battery? Would be still expensive for a Zoop Novo.

Does this include a pressure test and a replacement of a flooded computer after they changed the battery? Would be still expensive for a Zoop Novo.
In the UK they also charge £50. They do pressure test it but they don't give any warranty, once I saw that I started changing my own! The day it floods is the day I'll buy a shearwater :)

I am not sure about the Vyper/Zoop Novo, but Suunto's earlier puck style computers, have battery compartments that are sealed off from the rest of the computer. This makes things not so catastrophic should the battery compartment flood. Perhaps someone can confirm if the Vyper/Zoop Novo computers are similarly designed.

-Z

The vyper/zoop/novo do not have seperate battery compartment, if the battery compartment leaks you've bricked it.

Reactions: Zef
The vyper/zoop/novo do not have seperate battery compartment, if the battery compartment leaks you've bricked it.

What a 💩 design choice, especially given that the previous models of their puck computers have battery compartments that are sealed off.

-Z

Suunto Zoop Novo takes a 025 Oring.

I have just hiked through over 200 threads dating back to 2010 trying to find a consolidated reference guide for all dive computer O’ring sizes.

Hi, Divewatchdoctor. It would appear that you are the guy with the most knowledge throughout the threads I was wondering if you have such a reference pdf you could share, covering O’ring Sizes, Batteries etc for all dive computers.

If you could forward me a copy I would be eternally greatful. 🙏

Cheers
Steve.

I have just hiked through over 200 threads dating back to 2010 trying to find a consolidated reference guide for all dive computer O’ring sizes.

Hi, Divewatchdoctor. It would appear that you are the guy with the most knowledge throughout the threads I was wondering if you have such a reference pdf you could share, covering O’ring Sizes, Batteries etc for all dive computers.

If you could forward me a copy I would be eternally greatful. 🙏

Cheers
Steve.

I guess you didn't reallize you are asking a commercial entity for information regarding the parts and service they provide for a fee.

See the attached PDF document that was gleaned from another post here on Scuba Board. I don't know how up to date it is. There used to a be an excel spreadsheet version floating around the board too.

Are you looking for any specific information?

-Z

Attachments

• Computer Batt O-ring V1.5.pdf
    268.8 KB · Views: 106

Back
Top Bottom