Zoop Novo Battery Replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ppatin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Is there any good place to get a replacement o-ring for a Suunto Zoop Novo in the US? I know I can just replace the battery and probably get away with it but I'd feel more comfortable replacing the o-ring as well. Unfortunately Suunto doesn't sell battery replacement kids and I can't get a straight answer about what replacement o-ring to get.

One of our local dive shops that is a Suunto dealer was able to do it in house in just a few minutes (including O-ring replacement and pressure testing,) You may call a few LDSs to see what they can do.

I found one LDS that will do the replacement. The problem is it's $55 per computer.

I've replaced a Zoop Novo battery before (without replacing the o-ring) and the job took me ~3 minutes and a $4 watch battery. I'm willing to pay a bit extra to get a new o-ring. Paying almost 20% of the price of a new computer just to get a small extra measure of safety seems excessive though.

I found one LDS that will do the replacement. The problem is it's $55 per computer.

I've replaced a Zoop Novo battery before (without replacing the o-ring) and the job took me ~3 minutes and a $4 watch battery. I'm willing to pay a bit extra to get a new o-ring. Paying almost 20% of the price of a new computer just to get a small extra measure of safety seems excessive though.
Search on the board. That info is here.

Is there any good place to get a replacement o-ring for a Suunto Zoop Novo in the US? I know I can just replace the battery and probably get away with it but I'd feel more comfortable replacing the o-ring as well. Unfortunately Suunto doesn't sell battery replacement kids and I can't get a straight answer about what replacement o-ring to get.

I recently bought a set that included 2 batteries, 2 O rings and replacement hatch screws on eBay. The bag was labeled “Suunto” - can’t tell if counterfeit or not but there are numerous options on eBay.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom