Zoop Novo Battery Replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess you didn't reallize you are asking a commercial entity for information regarding the parts and service they provide for a fee.
@Zef,

Spot on. We certainly have an Excel list including battery and O-ring specs for most of the computers that have been manufactured but that is part of the expertise we use when servicing a dive computer and for which we charge a fee. Nevertheless, several times we have disclosed the correct battery or O-ring size for a specific dive computer when we have come across fellow Scubaboard members desperately looking for the correct answer and not being able to find it. My earlier post on this thread about the Suunto Zoop Novo O-ring is one example.

I guess you didn't reallize you are asking a commercial entity for information regarding the parts and service they provide for a fee.

See the attached PDF document that was gleaned from another post here on Scuba Board. I don't know how up to date it is. There used to a be an excel spreadsheet version floating around the board too.

Are you looking for any specific information?

-Z

Hi, thanks for the spreadsheet ... yes I already had that one on file, there are still many blank spaces so I wondered if there was a more comprehensive offering out there.

Yes I realised DiveWatchDoctor is a commercial entity, many of US on Scubaboard are. I only asked because in the 200 + threads he appeared to be very helpful in offering the information in the past. I tried sending him a personal request but because I had lost my previous scubaboard login credentials it will not allow direct contact until 5 public posts. So now I’m a newbie again after 30+ years trading as a “commercial entity” and having held contributor status on here in the past.

Cheers Guys 🙏

Hi, thanks for the spreadsheet ... yes I already had that one on file, there are still many blank spaces so I wondered if there was a more comprehensive offering out there.

Yes I realised DiveWatchDoctor is a commercial entity, many of US on Scubaboard are. I only asked because in the 200 + threads he appeared to be very helpful in offering the information in the past. I tried sending him a personal request but because I had lost my previous scubaboard login credentials it will not allow direct contact until 5 public posts. So now I’m a newbie again after 30+ years trading as a “commercial entity” and having held contributor status on here in the past.

Cheers Guys 🙏

Divewatchdoctor has a website and phone listing:

(954) 470-7841

Took all of 30 seconds to pull it up. You simply could have called them to discuss your needs/request and saved yourself hours of going crosseyed reading through 200+ threads.

Not sure why one commercial entity would want to share their complete data repository with another commercial entity who may use that information to further their own business interestes at the possible detriment to the other business.

You still have not indicated what specific information you are looking for....unless all that you are looking for is a more complete listing to aide your business venture.

Good luck.

-Z

Divewatchdoctor has a website and phone listing:

(954) 470-7841

Took all of 30 seconds to pull it up. You simply could have called them to discuss your needs/request and saved yourself hours of going crosseyed reading through 200+ threads.

Not sure why one commercial entity would want to share their complete data repository with another commercial entity who may use that information to further their own business interestes at the possible detriment to the other business.

You still have not indicated what specific information you are looking for....unless all that you are looking for is a more complete listing to aide your business venture.

Good luck.

-Z
Hi Zef, thanks for your additional input on my request, your enthusiasm is spirited and to be admired. I applaud your resourcefulness in looking up contact details for Divewatchdoctor next time I’m in town I’ll be sure to drop by.
I can assure you that none of my intentions were as nefarious as your words imply, I was simply asking a request if it was possible.
I hardly believe that I could be any threat to commercial interests as I am located 10,600 miles away in Indonesia. I very much doubt any of his current or potentially new customer base would ‘nip around the corner’ to see me instead.

Have a great day my friend, I have received the specific O’ring spec I was seeking from another reader. It took less than ten words and was most appreciated.

Hi Zef, thanks for your additional input on my request, your enthusiasm is spirited and to be admired. I applaud your resourcefulness in looking up contact details for Divewatchdoctor next time I’m in town I’ll be sure to drop by.
I can assure you that none of my intentions were as nefarious as your words imply, I was simply asking a request if it was possible.
I hardly believe that I could be any threat to commercial interests as I am located 10,600 miles away in Indonesia. I very much doubt any of his current or potentially new customer base would ‘nip around the corner’ to see me instead.

Have a great day my friend, I have received the specific O’ring spec I was seeking from another reader. It took less than ten words and was most appreciated.
You probably already know this but you must also replace the three screws every time. They are not designed to be reused and are at very real risk of breaking off inside the body if reused.

You may be correct and your use of the info that @DIVEWATCHDOCTOR has accumulated may not have any impact on their business, but that is not the sole consideration when sharing information as a commercial entity, and one's position on the globe may not have any impact on the decision to share/not share info.

I think it is great that in less than ten words you were able to get the o-ring spec you were seeking from another reader, perhaps if you had indicated what specific information you were looking for (and btw, you still haven't idicated that) those of us reading/responding here could have been more helpful.

Good luck to you.

-Z

You may be correct and your use of the info that @DIVEWATCHDOCTOR has accumulated may not have any impact on their business, but that is not the sole consideration when sharing information as a commercial entity, and one's position on the globe may not have any impact on the decision to share/not share info.

I think it is great that in less than ten words you were able to get the o-ring spec you were seeking from another reader, perhaps if you had indicated what specific information you were looking for (and btw, you still haven't idicated that) those of us reading/responding here could have been more helpful.

Good luck to you.

-Z

Firstly I must apologise if my enquiry was illusive in that it did not state the exact O’ring size I was seeking, on reflection I agree that this was not helpful to anyone reading this thread in the future.
Lets start again.

Having read the 200+ threads on the Dive computer battery and o-ring spec's I was still unable to confirm the specs for Suunto D series dive computers.
The latest update of the data sheet v1.5 you shared in #20 still has blank fields for the Suunto D series but has a reference stating Oceanic Matrix Master 2-023 being the same O’ring as DX, D9tx, D9, D6i, D4i, Vyper Air, and HelO2.

I acknowledge this data sheet was a legacy of Couv (sadly passed away as annotated) his concept to establish a concise data record aligns with my current quest.

The confusion escalates throughout that thread as many other contributors state what their understanding of the correct sizes for each Suunto model is, Scubagaskets and Divewatchdoctor along with many others still stating conflicting values.

Perhaps to conclude this enquiry so others can read the final consensus of actual sizes ... someone might be willing to answer the question:

What is the correct battery compartment cover O’ring size for each of the following Suunto D series dive computers.
(data in the format mm ID x mm CS would be advantageous)

D4i
D6i
D9
D9tx
DX (gasket not o’ring)

Thanks to all 🙏

Back
Top Bottom