Zoom Ring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eweingarden

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm just starting to research photography gear and the Olympus E-PL3 and Olympus Housing has piqued my interest. When I look at the packages being sold, some of them say that a zoom ring is included. Can someone tell what a zoom ring is? If I buy the camera and housing as a non-package, can I get the zoom ring separately? Is a zoom ring needed? As you can see, I'm in my infancy of learning about photography gear. I just ordered a book on underwater photography, but I'm not sure it will get too specific about the gear. Thanks for your feedback.

Ed

The zoom ring is a large, plastic ring that fits over the lens zoom control. It's teeth mess with the housing's zoom knob. That way, when you turn the knob on the housing, it causes the lens control to rotate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Fisheater; that makes sense. So I would imagine that one needs a different zoom ring for each lens?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom