Zip seal rings seperation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mweaver40

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, I got a 350 with neck zip seals and I have an issue where the ring that holds the zip seal is starting to separate at the edges. There is s 4 inch or so area at the edge of the innermost rubber ring where the ring has pulled away from the suit and is no longer attached to the outer ring if it ever was. This is not leaking yet thankfully and I really don't want to send it back to the factory right now. I am just wondering what I should be doing to repair the issue and minimize and further damage?

PICT0005.jpg

Appreciate any help.

Hi Mweaver40,

This is a new one for me. I haven't seen this before. Pam Oliva is my go to gal and I am sending her a copy of your image. I will post back after I hear from her. Please stand by...

Thank you,

Kathy

Hi Mweaver40,

First off I wanted to say THANKS for posting the photo. That is super helpful. I heard back from Pam and apparently this is something very rare. Can you send the drysuit back to us? Pam said she would do her best to get it back out in a day or two. My suggestion would be to email Pam Oliva direct at Pam@DUI-Online.com and let her know when it is on it's way. We have a form online that you can complete and send in with your drysuit. It's at http://www.dui-online.com/pdf/repairorder.pdf.

Sorry about this issue. And thank you for the post!

Kathy

I wanted to let everyone who may read this thread know how things turned out. I just got my suit back from the factory today and I hoping to get in the water before the weekend. I am not the original owner of this suit and so had no warranty. Despite this fact DUI went ahead and replaced the neck zip ring at no charge to me and did it on a rush basis so it was less then 2 weeks from the time I sent it to the time I got it back and the majority of that time was in ground shipping. Pam the quality systems manager really seemed upset about the seam failure and wanted to see the suit before I tried to aquseal it myself so they could try and determine the cause of failure. In short both Pam, Kathy (the DUI representative on scubaboard) and DUI went way beyond what was required including spending a lot of time answering my questions. This was a very surprising result for me. I have read stories of extraordinary levels of support from other DUI owners but to actually experience it is wonderful. Thanks Pam, Kathy and DUI.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom