Zip Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rhwestfall

Woof!
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Where is there any description of the differences between the products (including images) - the web page is lacking from what I can find...

Standard vs. H-D (RS) wrist seals - what are the differences? What do they look like? Are they interchangable once the "zip ring" is installed?

Is there any images of the neoprene vs. the latex? Same for the gloves, Standard, Neoprene & WD?

Any status on the new system (silicone)?

Looking to possibly make some changes to my CF200 which has basic latex seals, but need more information...

Thanks

Hi Rhwestfall,

Great question. You can see a small photo of the ZipGloves with WD (wrist dam) at DUI - Diving Unlimited International - ZipGloves and Drysuit Gloves Scroll down the page and you'll see the photo. The wrist dam is inside the glove area. You can also see photos of the neoprene ZipGloves and the blue and orange ZipGloves. These two differ in the thickness of the glove.

I'll see if I can get a few photos of the different types of seals - heavy duty vs. standard latex as they are different. Give me a couple of days to get this done.

The silicone ZipSeals are moving closer. I know that we have posted this before. We are making adjustments - the smallest you could imagine - but this requires changes in the mold and it takes a bit of time to complete the whole process. I will post when I have more. Again though the silicone Zip wrist seals will fit into current ZipSeal wrist rings.

Hope all that makes sense.

Thank you,

Kathy

I got a couple of photos for you - thank you to Michael Mino Custom Support Team Member extraordinaire.

The standard latex seals are on the right on the photo of them side by side. And as you can see they are slightly thinner compared to the heavy duty seals.
latex seals side by side.jpglatex seals thickness.jpg

Surprisingly they wear about the same.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom