Zeus Explorer Liveaboard - Abrolhos - Bahia - Brazil

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Abrolhos is a favorite of mine! 9 trips since 1998.
The Zeus is a great boat! Have the opportunity to make a trip to the Trindade Island, more than 700 nm fromBrazilian coast with this very boat back in 2013!
Highly recommended services

Long version: (no sound due to copyrights)

C
Abrolhos is a favorite of mine! 9 trips since 1998.
The Zeus is a great boat! Have the opportunity to make a trip to the Trindade Island, more than 700 nm fromBrazilian coast with this very boat back in 2013!
Highly recommended services

Long version: (no sound due to copyrights)

Cool!! I'm glad you also visited and dove the Abrolhos National Marine Park!!

Thanks for posting about a live-aboard I hadn't heard of. What water temp.s did you guys have? Do you have a website for their operation (I did a quick Google and didn't turn one up, nor did I see that destination as an option at Liveaboard.com)? Did you book directly with them, or through someone else?

Richard.

Abrolhos is something between 25 to 28 ° Celsius and visibility range from 5 to 20 metres, january and february usually have clearer water but august to october is humpback whales mating and breeding but not so clear waters
There's also other awesome reefs outside the park like "california " and "manchas " but most boats don't go there usually

Zeus website

Www.apecatuexpedicoes.com.br

There's also other liveaboards

Abrolhos Embarcações * Passeios e Mergulho Abrolhos

I would Love to organize a tech/ccr trip to those places and outer banks and the place know as "buracas"

I would Love to organize a tech/ccr trip to those places and outer banks and the place know as "buracas"

Thank you. Love it when the forum adds knowledge of new dive destination options. Your Zeus website site took me to a page all in Spanish (I assume that is), with no English button for an English site, so follow up question...for English-only speakers, traveling to the boat's port location, staying nearby a night, then spending the trip aboard...is English widely spoken and thus not a problem, or are English-only folks likely to run into some difficulties?

For frame of reference, I'm used to the Caribbean and Cozumel, where most people I encountered spoke pretty good English. Had 1 trip to dive a live-aboard in the Galapagos; while English was common, it was not as universal (and I'm talking airport staff and a restaurant worker at an airport, not just random people in the community), and some people were harder to understand. I had that 'You're a little farther from home' feel, but no major hassles.

You mention you'd love to organize a tech/ccr trip to the area. I'm just a rec. diver, so asking for the benefit of others who might see this...what specifically about that area would likely draw tech. divers? Is it the prospect of very length CCR dives, something at non-recreational depths, or what?

Thank you. Love it when the forum adds knowledge of new dive destination options. Your Zeus website site took me to a page all in Spanish (I assume that is), with no English button for an English site, so follow up question...for English-only speakers, traveling to the boat's port location, staying nearby a night, then spending the trip aboard...is English widely spoken and thus not a problem, or are English-only folks likely to run into some difficulties?

For frame of reference, I'm used to the Caribbean and Cozumel, where most people I encountered spoke pretty good English. Had 1 trip to dive a live-aboard in the Galapagos; while English was common, it was not as universal (and I'm talking airport staff and a restaurant worker at an airport, not just random people in the community), and some people were harder to understand. I had that 'You're a little farther from home' feel, but no major hassles.

You mention you'd love to organize a tech/ccr trip to the area. I'm just a rec. diver, so asking for the benefit of others who might see this...what specifically about that area would likely draw tech. divers? Is it the prospect of very length CCR dives, something at non-recreational depths, or what?

It's Brazilian Portuguese. The written form has similarities to Spanish, but the spoken language sounds very little like Spanish. I lived in Brazil for a time and loved the language.

Portuguese is a dificult language, and most people around that region don't speak english (at least inteligible)
BUT, the Zeus owner is a french guy named Thomas who speaks portuguese, spanish and english very well (his mother once was U.S. divers/aqualung largest importer at southern hemisfery)
You may try to contact him through facebook (https://www.facebook.com/thomas.bonelli.986 ) his wife, who also manage the schedule, also speaks those languages.
For tech there's no regular activities there, but there are some shipwrecks who might benefit from longer times (Max depth 25 to 28 metres), and some places outside the park who are famous game fishing spots within the 50 metres range.
I Will post some vídeos from abrolhos i've shot last time i was there in april 2013

Santa Catharina wreck

Guadiana wreck

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom