Zeagle Zena

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Amy,

What are you going to carry or store?
We make a "quick pocket" (#8033QP) which will attach to the BC easily and can be expanded if you NEED to store something while diving. Also, you can add a "sport utility pocket" (#8033P) which comes in colors to match your Zena panel.

I'm sure we can find a pocket that fits your needs!! :D

Scott

My ex has seemed really happy with her Zena, the pocket issue is a pain, but she doesnt use any weight with an AL80, so can stuff things in the weight pockets. One of those pockets that Zeagle makes might be the ticket though as i would prefer to have my stuff in a pocket than hanging off all over the place. Retractables are ok, but over time you will need to replace them as they get clogged up with gunk and the spring wears out - then you're just left with items on a long piece of string :wink: The zippered front is actually quite secure, its the same style of attachment as quite a lot of PFD's that are available and are taken through quite a serious beating by many other sporting enthusiasts, it has a lot less stress on it per square inch than a plastic buckle doing the same job. For items she wants quick access to (backup lights) we clipped them off to the D's and bungeed them onto the shoulder straps. Its possible to work around the lack of pockets, and that would be my (and her) only downside to the BC. However i found that the Ranger pockets (that sit on the outside of the weight pockets) made the whole BC look very hip heavy - but i am not a fan of WI either :wink:

Scott,

I realize it lowers my qualifications as a diver, but I DON'T CARE!! where can I get a cutesy purple pocket? Does Larry carry them??

Amy

Oh to answer your questions... I really don't know how I will have everything set up. Umm... so I don't really know what I might need to put in my pocket. (remember I am a fairly new diver!) What do you suggest I put in my new pocket??? :) hahahaha

AmyJ:
Oh to answer your questions... I really don't know how I will have everything set up. Umm... so I don't really know what I might need to put in my pocket. (remember I am a fairly new diver!) What do you suggest I put in my new pocket??? :) hahahaha
Choose from the following list whether you want to have it readily available or put in a pocket, attached to your arm (or other body part) or even take it along with you:
Backup (poke head in hole/under ledge) light
Safety sausage
Reflective mirror
Whistle
Backup bottom timer/watch/computer
Cutting tool (knife or shears or both)
Slate/writing material

I would suggest the light and cutting tool attached to the outside, the rest in the pocket. What else do you think you might want to carry?

Other things people sometimes take along with them or leave in certain places, but no means necessary on a recreational dive:
Backups of mask, cutting tool, tables, more lights, reels/spools, buddy line(?), multi-tools, gloves, hood, food or drink.

AmyJ:
Scott,

I realize it lowers my qualifications as a diver, but I DON'T CARE!! where can I get a cutesy purple pocket? Does Larry carry them??

Amy

I don't think it lowers your qualification as a diver to want a matching pocket - look at all the styles of wetsuits that are sold!!! :wink:

I'm sure that Larry (or any other Zeagle dealer ) can order you one!!!

I would suggest putting squid in your pockets. It will attract fish and make your diving more...um...interesting!!! :11ztongue

Scott

Glad you're liking your Zena ....I'm not surprised! I really like the full front zipper, makes the Zena quite slenderizing!

I'm "well endowed" so it keeps everything flat and easy to see over to my gauge/computer etc. I tuck my slate under the waist band where it rides nice and snug, and ditto for the whistle under the shoulder strap in front. What I like most is the clean streamlined look the zippered front gives, we take a lot of photos so that's important...less junk to Photoshop out later!

AmyJ ... glad to hear of another Zena convert! I've had mine for about 15 months & 120 dives, and loved it from the start!! The zip-up front is the best!! And Zeagle has been great .... a few months back one side started turning from purple to pink (bad dye lot??) and they replaced it very quickly - no problem! I actually got a utility pocket, but ended up never using it - it now is my traveling repair kit. I hook everything I need to the various d-rings. Main light, back-up light, safety sausage, gauges hooked with a retractor, shears and my camera. Works out very nicely. The one thing I did buy and really like is the weight pocket inserts (the bright yellow ones.) Since we travel alot, it made it easier to sort & carry the weights and then insert into the BC pocket ..... you know everyone's weights get mixed up on the boat, then you can never read the markings ....

For Christmas Santa brought me a Mares Air-Lock tank strap ... so hooking up my Zena will be even easier now!!

Back
Top Bottom