Zeagle Zena

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AmyJ

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello,

I am in the process of getting my Christmas present (Zena) but my question is this. For those of you that use this BC... what (if any) accessories have you found good to have? What would you recommend? I do mostly warm water diving.... plan on carrying some small lights (daytime diving only at this point), I have a Canon A85 camera, emergency sausage, knife and/or shears. Other things I should be carrying? Suggestions for placement of these items on the Zena??

Extra pockets? Soft or hard weights? I'm not even sure what all is available for extras, so just wondering what your experiences are... (bought it, use it, love it....... bought it, ebayed it) :)

Thanks ladies!

I was on a liveaboard with the Zena in October for a week and used the regular boat weights (I wrapped mine in duct tape to keep from rubbing my bc pockets) but they worked just fine. I didn't want to haul soft weights thru the airports. Didn't have to dump them yet....which is fine with me, apparently the rethreading is not a real super simple deal!

I have a 2-ended snap for an accessory and I'm in the process of adding a neoprene pocket to my wetsuit for my storage.

I have a Zeagle Scout BCD. Less than 20 dives. High pressure hose problem, torn between buttons and the nylon area.... Just very disappointed with the quality. Unless you really love a Zeagle, and you think it is a good quality, I would not recommend a Zeagle BCD and I will never buy any Zeagle again.

fishnchips:
I have a Zeagle Scout BCD. Less than 20 dives. High pressure hose problem, torn between buttons and the nylon area.... Just very disappointed with the quality. Unless you really love a Zeagle, and you think it is a good quality, I would not recommend a Zeagle BCD and I will never buy any Zeagle again.
Sounds like you need to take it up with Zeagle... my question was not about Zeagle or even the Zena...It was about accessories for it.

fishnchips:

This is a bit confusing... as there is no high pressure hose on a Zeagle. And they have a lifetime warranty - so if there is a problem - they'll fix it.

But back to the question at hand... The only thing about the Zena, is they do not have much in the way of pockets. Depending on the vintage.... none - or if a new one, a little mesh fold out pocket. If you're a pocket person - you might want to add one of their extra pockets... but they do have a good number of D rings now - so you should have lot's of attachment points - so just some clips for the D rings to hang your goodies on and you should be set.

I don't want tons of pockets... just enough to hold my essentials... (and the kitchen sink)!! I am just a bit confused by all the different pockets that Zeagle has??? which ones seem most comfortable and easy to access while being out of the way. But thanks for reminding me about the D-rings, Larry. What sort of clips are most recomended?? and how do folks feel about retractables? Thanks again.

scubatoys:
This is a bit confusing... as there is no high pressure hose on a Zeagle. And they have a lifetime warranty - so if there is a problem - they'll fix it.

But back to the question at hand... The only thing about the Zena, is they do not have much in the way of pockets. Depending on the vintage.... none - or if a new one, a little mesh fold out pocket. If you're a pocket person - you might want to add one of their extra pockets... but they do have a good number of D rings now - so you should have lot's of attachment points - so just some clips for the D rings to hang your goodies on and you should be set.

Sorry, my mistake. No haigh pressure hose. Just problem with myh inflator.

Good suggestion by Amy about the warranty by Zeagle. I will check with Zeagle. Thanks all.

Part of the reason I'm asking is that there aren't Zeagle dealers near, so I have to just buy and then hope it's right. Thanks for the input.

I actually went with the new Zeagle Stilleto. I can't really give much feedback, since I haven't ocean dived with it yet.

My first instinct when BC shopping was to get the Zeagle Zena. But the whole zip up front portion on the chest looked "filmbsy", not enough pockets or D rings. Anyhow, the dive shop folks also didn't recommend the Zena.... I'll keep you posted on how the Stilleto works.

dove (pool) with my new Zena this weekend. LOVED it!!!! perfect fit and .... it was just wonderful! The zip thing doesn't bother me at all, in fact I like it. I had to get the custom XS shoulders and it's perfect. Not many pockets and d rings, but I can add a pocket and I don't need too much stuff.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom