Zeagle Scout?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you like the Ranger, have a serious look at the Brigade over at Scubatoys. It is a Ranger only with the smaller Escape wing:

Zeagle Brigade BCD discounts on sale Zeagle

Most single tank divers simply do not need a 44lb wing making this a very nice choice for someone on a budget wanting a higher end BC. I believe SB members get a 10% discount (call or email) so new it would be $360 including shipping.

Driftwood, thanks. I think that is the way I am going to go. I have been reading up on the Ranger, and really want that BC. I wore a medium in my training, so I would imagine most mediums work well. I wore the Seaquest Wave Medium for training. It fit really well on me. I noticed the sternum strap rode a little high, but once I was floating on the water, I pulled my kit down, and everything worked well. This is better than what I can say for my dive buddy, who had his tank come undone when we were on the bottom. I only hope the guy will work with me on the BC. I won't be able to buy it until next Friday.

I am 6' and 210 and wear a medium. It fits when fully adjusted to the biggest positions. $330 is a bit more than what used Rangers are going for on Ebay, but I prefer to buy used gear from SB members. Bob seemed like a very nice person and I hope the two of you can work out a deal.

That's cool. I think I will go with the Ranger. If I can get more BC for less money, why not go for it. It's a $600 BC. According to Bob, it has had only a couple of pool dives on it. I would assume unless it had the crap beat out of it in those few times, it should be 'next to new' condition. What is the usual used price on these?

Most of the ones I see on Ebay sell for about $250. For one with so few dives on it I would expect it to go for a premium. In addition. as I recall Bob's price included shipping which would be another $20-25. Cutting to the chase, it looks like you are paying about $50 over the average selling price on Ebay for what is essentially a new bc.

Here is my rule of thumb for buying used gear. Go to Buy scuba gear, scuba diving and snorkeling equipment, and everything underwater from LeisurePro.com and see what they sell the new gear for. Divide by two and subtract the shipping cost. Then adjust the bid down for condition.

Another way to look at the deal is that you would be very lucky to get $150 for a Scout in any condition and with a slightly used Ranger at worse you are out $50 if you decide to sell it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom