Zeagle SAR BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

renpirate:

I like that one too, Andy. One other reservation I have with the BP set up is that crotch straps and weightbelts don't work that well together if you want the weightbelt to be true quick release it should be over the crotch strap. Alot of people have problems with it slipping if worn this way and end up diving it beneath the strap.

I'd be curious if this rig is stable without the crotch strap. I'm hoping the chest strap may provide the stability that the BP is so famous for so one could forgo the crotch strap.

Are you going to try these?

I know that is a concern to me as well. I currently dive a custom bp/wing setup www.pacificcoastmarine.net and don't use a crotch strap with it. I have found it to be quite stable. Of course it lacks the quick releases that I need for PSD. I have been shopping around for quite some time for a good PSD bc with the right qualities. i think this one fits the bill, but it will depend upon its stability without the crotch strap. I plan to buy some very soon, thanks to a DHS grant that we just got. How soon I can try it will depend entirely on how quick the government gets us that money.

thanx gary, at least i know now what psd's are ,make sence what you say ,completly different typ of divers we are .

renpirate:
Hey Gary,

I have been toying with the BP/wing idea, but have the same reservations as you. What do you think of this solution. http://www.deepseasupply.com/page12.html It has the unencumbered front, but has quick releases that are adjustable.

My SCUBA Team uses Zeagle Rangers. They fit well, don and doff easily and are tough! We don't use the integrated weight pockets, we use weight belts. We use a seperate harness under the BCD, therefore, if we need to remove the BCD we are still attached to the line and tender.

Gil57usa:
My SCUBA Team uses Zeagle Rangers. They fit well, don and doff easily and are tough! We don't use the integrated weight pockets, we use weight belts. We use a seperate harness under the BCD, therefore, if we need to remove the BCD we are still attached to the line and tender.
Hey Gil57usa you missed our last training. Ooooops, you just sound like your on our team. :D That's exactly what we do and it has worked very well for a lot of years.:wink:

Gary D.

Thanks to all who responded. You brought up some concerns I didn't think about which I will present to our Dive Officer before he orders the last set of SARs.

Currently, we are half LGS, seperate harness, w/b and half SAR. There has been "pressure" to gear up for conveinence and simplicity but, after two dives with the SAR, I have reservations.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom