Zeagle Reg?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mdutra

New
Reaction score
I am just about to purchase a reg and I just wanted to get a sanity check. I was originally planning to purchase an Apeks ATX 100 but I then found that there was no local dive shops that work on/sell them. They do, however work on/sell Zeagle regs.

As best I can tell Zeagle and Apeks are pretty much the same yet I never see them recommended. Is there any specific reason for this?

Instead of the Apeks I was lookiing at the:
ZEAGLE FLATHEAD VI/ZX REGULATOR, DIN WITH YOKE ADAPTOR

Any opinions on this?

I dive those exact regs on my doubles. They are identical to the Apex DS4 flat's on the inside, and look very similar on the outside as well. They breathe very nicely I find, although I have found (as have others I have talked to about the Apex DS4's) that they do get a bit difficult to breath upside down. ie, roll over on your back and look at the surface...

Zeagle used to sell Apekx. Now they manufacture their own line. The basic design is the same with several improvements. . I have both Apeks and Zeagle. The Apeks, that I have, tend to breath a little wet. I Don't get any water with the Zeagles. I like both but I like the Zeagle better.

DIN WITH YOKE ADAPTOR

Not sure on a Zeagle, but I dive Apeks and when you dive a yoke tank the adapter can stick out pretty far and hit you in the back of the head. You can usually get parts to switch it from DIN to yoke and back again...I am thinking about going this route myself...

Thanks for the replies.

I was going with the yoke adapter so that I would be able to use any tank (rented or owned). I will have to try it out and see if the yoke adapter gives me problems. Thanks again for the advise.

One of the local quarries I dive at won't do DIN fills...so even though the tank is mine I have to slap in a yoke adapter (in the tank valve) so they will fill it...major PITA.

Anyway, check out what I am talking about....here is my setup from another thread showing the first stage with yoke adapter on it...you can see how far it sticks out from the tank valve and has the potential to ding you in the back of the head...the yoke adapter adds 2-3 inches on the length of the first stage...

BTW, this is an Apeks DS4 first stage, so it may be different with the Zeagle...I just know they are similar so I thought I would give you a heads up in case it helps.

http://www.scubaboard.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=109080

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom