Zeagle Ranger

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by waterdogs
I'm not a "Tekkie", infact just a beginner in this extreme sport of diving and I have to say Im glad I have my Ranger.

As new to the sport as I am, I tried various BC's for fit, comfort and overall quality, and the Ranger fit all criteria.

Now, after 500+ dives on it someday, I may say something different but for now, I look forward to spending the next few years soaking up the undersea world in the "Ranger".

waterdogs,'
I agree with you waterdogs . I trained in a SeaQuest Pro QD jacket and then bought a Ranger. The Ranger is more open in front and more streamlined and works great for me for recreational diving. The Ranger is rugged and seems like it will hold up just fine even though I haven't had mine all that long.
Gear selection has a lot to do with personal preference and fit. What works for one person may not work for someone else. When I first joined ScubaBoard everyone was raving about the Ranger and now people are ripping it and bragging about BP/Wings. Bottom line if it fits good and works good than you have nothing to complain about.

Big, why would a newbie not want a BB/wings. I am a newbie, with less than 20 dives. When I started I bought a cheap($99) Dacor used. I know have a BP/wing and will not dive with anything else. I have not tried a ranger, but don't say newbies would not want a BP/wings. If they had access to one to try they may actually want one over a Ranger.

Originally posted by waterdogs
I look forward to spending the next few years soaking up the undersea world in the "Ranger".

waterdogs,'

The Ranger is much better at that than a metal BP/wing/and a few feet of nylon webbing....

:wink:

Originally posted by scubanole
Big, why would a newbie not want a BB/wings. I am a newbie, with less than 20 dives. When I started I bought a cheap($99) Dacor used. I know have a BP/wing and will not dive with anything else. I have not tried a ranger, but don't say newbies would not want a BP/wings. If they had access to one to try they may actually want one over a Ranger.
I certainly wouldn't say that a newbie shouldn't use a BP/wings setup but one should also respect a person's decison to not use a BP/wings setup. It works both ways with this kind of attitude that some people have..."BP Wing's is the only way to go, everything else is junk" That's BS too! :upset:

Soooooo, no takers on the question of who bought the bp/wings and then decided to go to the Ranger?

I will also chime in on the newbie statement, I thought the bp/wings made diving much, much easier and fun than the standard bc.

Tommy:) :jester:

Originally posted by GP

I certainly wouldn't say that a newbie shouldn't use a BP/wings setup but one should also respect a person's decison to not use a BP/wings setup. It works both ways with this kind of attitude that some people have..."BP Wing's is the only way to go, everything else is junk" That's BS too! :upset:

GP....
You're upset for nothing here....
Scubanole didn't say any of the things you attribute to him....
And I respect your right to decide on the Ranger....
Please respect our right to decide on the Ranger too....

Some folks have decided upon xxx without ever trying yyy

Some folks have decided upon yyy without ever trying xxx

Some of us own xxx and yyy and zzz

Shoot I still have one Ranger left out in the garage...
(size small if anyone is interested)

Originally posted by Uncle Pug

GP....
You're upset for nothing here....
Scubanole didn't say any of the things you attribute to him....
And I respect your right to decide on the Ranger....
Please respect our right to decide on the Ranger too....

Some folks have decided upon xxx without ever trying yyy

Some folks have decided upon yyy without ever trying xxx

Some of us own xxx and yyy and zzz

Shoot I still have one Ranger left out in the garage...
(size small if anyone is interested)
Notice I said "The attitude that SOME people have" I didn't accuse Scubanole of this attitude! But...I have witnessed that attitude here before and am just stating the other side too.

Scubanole-
I think a new diver would be more interested in a BC with features like weight integration and pockets and the like... a BP and wings is a minimal approach (which is a good one) all I'm saying is that the new diver would not be "attracted" to a Backplate setup because chances are they had not been exposed to it and may not understand its full purpose....

It is your own right to decide... I think the ranger is a great all around BC for the all types of divers (although its tough to mount a set of large LP tanks on it it can be done!)......
:)

Scubanole-
I think a new diver would be more interested in a BC with features like weight integration and pockets and the like... a BP and wings is a minimal approach (which is a good one) all I'm saying is that the new diver would not be "attracted" to a Backplate setup because chances are they had not been exposed to it and may not understand its full purpose....

Big the last part of what you said is the main reason. As far as pockets I could not get into the pockets on my Dacor, it was a pain in the a** so I never put anything in the paockets if it may be needed. Do most dive shops carry BP/wings? If they did and people actually bought them first there would be no reason to up grade. I have no intention of ever going in a cave, wreck or doing anything towards tech. At the same time I use a BP/wings and is so much more stable in the water than the rec BC's I have used. Granted like I said I have not used a Ranger before. For any of you that are shop owners or workers, how many actually have a BP/wing in stock? There are 3 LDS's within 1 hour of me and one of them has both Diverite and a Halcyon setup in the store. I will say the Ranger was a BC I was looking at before I found the BP/wing. I hope this make sense, and if not sorry.

Back
Top Bottom