Zeagle Ranger - Tank too high

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Space Beagle

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi there,

Been diving with my Ranger for a few dives now. I've noticed that the tank seems to sit pretty high on my back, to the extent that when diving I can feel the 1st stage with the back of my head.

I've adjusted the tank as low as it can go but there's a limit due to the top strap having to have enough room to grab the tank correctly (i.e. if it's where the tank starts to curve in the strap will just slip off).

I've looked to see if I can get the top strap lower but it looks like it can't move due to the connections on the bladder.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

SB

Could it be a fit problem with your BC? I.e., could it be riding up on you during your dive? Try pulling down the cumberbund when you experience this and see if that brings the tank to the proper position. If so, you know that you have a fit issue to address.

crotch strap, crotch strap, crotch strap.

.... crotch strap

:D

One important thing with the Zeagles is to make sure you have the shoulder straps let out when you put it on. Then you tighten your cumberbun before the shoulders. A lot of folks make the mistake of wearing Zeagles too high on their body.

You need a little accessory strap that Zeagle has available, and we got from Scuba Toys. You can then move the upper tank band down, and the tank with it, and use this strap to re-attach the wing. Same issue my wife had on her LaZer, and I'm pretty sure this fix will work for you. When Scott pokes his head in here, I'm sure he'll make a recommendation for you.

... and it (may have) nothing to do with a crotch strap, crotch strap, crotch strap ... crotch strap.

Last edited:
so potential slipping up of a rig in-water has nothing to do with a crotch strap eh?
funny... after watching one of buddies dive a ranger and have exactly the same thing happen, once he added a crotch strap it was sweet and the rig didn't move and hit him in the back of the head.
Funny that

Thanks for the comments, I do tend to cinch my shoulder straps down quite tight so maybe that's the problem. I'll also see if I can find the accessory to allow me to lower the tank a little.

Cheers,

SB

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom