Zeagle Ranger LTD BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coldwaterdufus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anybody know the buoyancy of the Ranger LTD BCD. I know it weighs approx 9 lbs, but I need the buoyancy to understand my weighting requirements. Thanks in advance

that's tough to answer as it changes with size my large takes about 3-4 pounds to make it neg by its self

I'm headed to the pool next week. I can check it, if you haven't received a reply by then.

My Ranger LTD has 44 lbs of lift according to the tag. It is 3-4 years old.

The Ranger I had was +3LBS

I belive that is what the OP was referring to; how much lead did it take to sink a Ranger LTD.

3 lbs.
I'll check mine next week.

I received a reply directly from Jeff Zeagle. He and his contact are thinking it is "in the range of 1-2 lbs". Pullmyfinger, I really would appreciate if you could do a sink the bcd test at the pool. I just think it would take more than 1-2 lbs to sink my Ranger. It's a medium BTW.

---------- Post added December 16th, 2013 at 02:21 PM ----------

In case anybody is interested, the reason I'm wondering is I'm thinking of purchasing a BP/wing. I wondering how much, if any, weight I might be able to loose from the rig. I don't mean 6-12 lbs on my back from moving weight around to different places. I mean total carried weight. If the Ranger BCD is , say 5 lbs to sink it, I would then be able to drop ? ( some ) weight if the wing/harness ( not with the BP ) of the new system sinks with less weight. That's my thought process. I have been told ( 2 people now ) that I won't loose any, but if the buoyancies are different between the 2 set-ups, I should be able to loose some.

I weight 150 lbs, drysuit, I'm at 32-34 lbs in fresh water and an AL 80.

I will check it tonight, Sir.

---------- Post added December 17th, 2013 at 12:12 AM ----------

I have a size Large Ranger LTD with a size medium shoulder harness.

3 lbs. will almost sink it and be neutral. 4 lbs. is just a little more than necessary to accomplish it.
Which is close enough to the other posters that stated 3 lbs.

I wouldn't worry too much about getting it exact.

Cheers,
Mitch

Thanks everyone for all the help. Mitch/Pullmyfinger, especially to you for doing that in water test and confirming the numbers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom