Zeagle Ranger for warm water diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shadow

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am planning an extended dive vacation in the tropics (3-4 months - freedom 55!) My husband and I both dive with Zeagle Rangers here in cold water of British Columbia with dry suits and undergarments. We have never used our Rangers in warm water. I am wondering about comfort and performance with a wet suit. Not concerned about luggage. Thanks for any tips.

will be fine, no need to get anything else for that trip. It isn't necessarily ideal, but you'll be fine as long as they fit properly. You can check fit by just putting a t-shirt on and if it fits in a t-shirt, you'll be fine in whatever wetsuit you dive. I'd be surprised if it didn't snug down far enough to fit properly.

I have dove in warm water with only a rash guard using a Ranger and it was comfortable. I don't think you will have any issues.

I see lots of Rangers on warm water dive boats. The divers look happy. :)

yeah, they usually are the really big guys who disappears from the group after 20 minutes, only to see them toweled and all dried when the group come back from the dive.

Or they are really bad at trim and buoyancy since the only thing they have been practicing in their cold water world is hanging on the line and deco'ing.

yeah, they usually are the really big guys who disappears from the group after 20 minutes...

Actually the last "Ranger" pair I saw was a husband and wife team with big camera rigs. They looked pretty good in the water from what I could tell. I'm sure there were some of the former as well. Rangers aren't a rare sight.

It's already been said before, Lots of them in Cozumel. You'll, be fine.....and much lighter

Safe travels!
Jay

Actually the last "Ranger" pair I saw was a husband and wife team with big camera rigs. They looked pretty good in the water from what I could tell. I'm sure there were some of the former as well. Rangers aren't a rare sight.

The same frequently applies to divers with big camera rigs.

yeah, they usually are the really big guys who disappears from the group after 20 minutes, only to see them toweled and all dried when the group come back from the dive.

Or they are really bad at trim and buoyancy since the only thing they have been practicing in their cold water world is hanging on the line and deco'ing.

The statement above is totally untrue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom