Zeagle Ranger and Stage Bottle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MacLir

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all. I occasionally sling a 40cf stage bottle on my older Zeagle Ranger BC (2005 vintage) using the chest and waist D rings. I find, however, that the waist D ring is a bit too close/tight to the BC fabric to allow for an easy unclip underwater using thick gloves (I dive in New England). I was wondering whether anyone might have an idea for how to solve this issue. One thought I had was to attach a quick link to the D ring and clip off to that (or, alternatively, zip tie a SS ring to the D ring as an extended clip-off point.)

Any suggestions appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Just back from a course in cold water where I also dove a Zeagle. Nice BC. I totally get your concern. I requested a slung pony as opposed to a backmount (to the main cylinder) pony for many reasons. Not going into those reasons here.

You are right, it isn't optimal.

Resist lengthening either attachment to get a side-slung pony mount. The pony will get a mind of its own with all that free lead, you want it tucked in tight. I splashed with my pony slung across the front of a Zeagle, not at all my favored config. It worked, though. Wasn't at all as bad as I thought it would be.

Suggestion: Everything I dive has a crotch strap. Add one to your Zeagle. Put your hand behind you and it will always hit the spot where a tailring would be. Add a a tailring to the crotch strap. Found a pick of a nice tailring on Andy Davis' site. (see pic)

Use a BIG coldwater clip on your pony.

Tailring.jpg

Just back from a course in cold water where I also dove a Zeagle. Nice BC. I totally get your concern. I requested a slung pony as opposed to a backmount (to the main cylinder) pony for many reasons. Not going into those reasons here.

You are right, it isn't optimal.

Resist lengthening either attachment to get a side-slung pony mount. The pony will get a mind of its own with all that free lead, you want it tucked in tight. I splashed with my pony slung across the front of a Zeagle, not at all my favored config. It worked, though. Wasn't at all as bad as I thought it would be.

Suggestion: Everything I dive has a crotch strap. Add one to your Zeagle. Put your hand behind you and it will always hit the spot where a tailring would be. Add a a tailring to the crotch strap. Found a pick of a nice tailring on Andy Davis' site. (see pic)

Use a BIG coldwater clip on your pony.

View attachment 402718

Great idea
Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom