Zeagle Questions....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Otter

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have a yoke Flathead VI / ZX that I would like to set up as DIN. Can your confirm the Zeagle Part # that I need to order?

I have a Escape BCD and like the metal D-rings that are on the new Stiletto shoulder section. It looks like I could take the shoulder section off of a Stiletto and put in on an Escape (I know it won't interchange with a Ranger). Any reason why that wouldn't work?

TIA

lal7176:
There is a actually a represenative for zeagle on this board. You can pm him and ask direct but im sure someone will give you the answer you need shortly anyways :D

http://www.scubaboard.com/member.php?userid=29101

or username scottzeagle

I did on another issue, but thought others might be interested in the new Stiletto. Thanks for the suggestion.

Give scott a few he will be here. I think he has a alarm set so that when Zeagle appears on this board he is there. Kinda like Larry (scubatoys), they both are helpful.

Sorry, I really don't look in this section much. I have suggested to the owners that this section be moved to a better location, as I feel it could be a valuable asset to ScubaBoard, but it is tucked into a bad location...

Anyway, to answer your questions:

To convert a yoke reg to DIN, you will need Zeagle part # 345-1010 (1st stage Yoke to Din Conversion Kit)

As for the Stiletto shoulder, yes, you can replace your Escape shoulder with the one off a Stiletto with no problem.

Hope this helps...

Scott

I believe the reasoning why you cant change out the ranger and one of the others (escape etc) is to do with the panelling along the back. The ranger has 4 panels (for doubles), the others only have two (only for singles). I could be slightly off, but i think that is close.

Once you have the DIN parts put in you can always get an adapter ($30 i think) so you can use rental tanks if you take your regs away on vacation with you.

Scott, see you next friday, i will be coming in with Rick/GDI to talk with you, look forward to meeting you.

simbrooks:
I believe the reasoning why you cant change out the ranger and one of the others (escape etc) is to do with the panelling along the back. The ranger has 4 panels (for doubles), the others only have two (only for singles). I could be slightly off, but i think that is close.

Once you have the DIN parts put in you can always get an adapter ($30 i think) so you can use rental tanks if you take your regs away on vacation with you.

Scott, see you next friday, i will be coming in with Rick/GDI to talk with you, look forward to meeting you.

Ya, I eyeballed the Ranger and Escape side-by-side and it was quickly obvious. I eyeballed the Stiletto and Escape side-by-side and everything I saw looked like they could be interchanged, but since Scott was on here, I thought I would double check.

ScottZeagle:
Sorry, I really don't look in this section much. I have suggested to the owners that this section be moved to a better location, as I feel it could be a valuable asset to ScubaBoard, but it is tucked into a bad location...

Anyway, to answer your questions:

To convert a yoke reg to DIN, you will need Zeagle part # 345-1010 (1st stage Yoke to Din Conversion Kit)

As for the Stiletto shoulder, yes, you can replace your Escape shoulder with the one off a Stiletto with no problem.

Hope this helps...

Scott

Thanks...thats what I ordered since the sheet only showed a single Yoke->Din conversion kit...Just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed anything.

By the way, the Stiletto look sweet...and now I'll have metal D-rings on my Escape.

I'll saw your post in Site Support, otherwise I wouldn't have even noticed this section existed. I'll make sure Pete takes a looksie.

Thanks again

Otter:
Thanks...thats what I ordered since the sheet only showed a single Yoke->Din conversion kit...Just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed anything.

By the way, the Stiletto look sweet...and now I'll have metal D-rings on my Escape.

I'll saw your post in Site Support, otherwise I wouldn't have even noticed this section existed. I'll make sure Pete takes a looksie.

Thanks again

The Ranger BC uses 2" buckles to connect to the waist straps - the Escape and Stiletto use 1 1/2". That is the reason why you can't inter-change those components...

Scott

ScottZeagle:
The Ranger BC uses 2" buckles to connect to the waist straps - the Escape and Stiletto use 1 1/2". That is the reason why you can't inter-change those components...

Scott

Of course... We've done it. :10: Just have to change out the cummerbunds too... Come on Scott.. you should know that! You make them!

Back
Top Bottom