Zeagle Octo Z question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

saf1

Reaction score
I'm trying to get a bit more information on the Octo Z. Would this be a primary or an alternate source reg? Reason why I'm asking is that I already own the flathead VI and really enjoy them but not sure how the Octo is used.

I'm still somewhat new with only 30 dives and recently advanced open water cert. What I'm still working on is hose and gear management :) This caught my eye as maybe one way to streamline my set up. I'm thinking if my buddy is out of air they are going to take the reg out of my mouth anyway as opposed to taking my alt. Thus my question on how it is used.

I really like the flatheads. I've taken them down to 92 ft with temps of 46 degrees while diving in Monterey, Ca.

Thanks for any info. Oh - I also like the option to clear out the BC. Having a Ranger this looks appealing.

-scottf

The Octo Z is an alternate air source regulator. In the case of an air share situation, you would donate the regulator from your mouth to the ooa person. The Octo Z would then be for you.

As the result, if you choose to go this route, you'll need to insure that your primary regulator hose is long enough to donate and remain comfortable. Having a 22" primary hose and an Octo Z would be a good match for example.

The Octo Z is an alternate air source regulator. In the case of an air share situation, you would donate the regulator from your mouth to the ooa person. The Octo Z would then be for you.

As the result, if you choose to go this route, you'll need to insure that your primary regulator hose is long enough to donate and remain comfortable. Having a 22" primary hose and an Octo Z would be a good match for example.

Thanks for the reply. That is what I was assuming, but was not sure. Thus my question. I do not know what the length is of my primary but I can double check when I get home. That is a good suggestion.

Thanks again - appreciate the help.
-scottf

I dove with my new Ranger LTD this past weekend. It is equipped with the new Octo Z. I am using a Mares Proton 42 and was practicing giving my wife my regulator and breathing with the octo Z. I breathed better than I thought. Another nice feature is that when I came home I hooked up my garden hose to it and was able to rinse out my bladder with ease..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom