Zeagle n2ition - apparently it didn't like . . .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

letterboy

I'm the reasonable one
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
me not checking the mix that was set from the last dive and decided I am dead.

On a serious note, I dove on saturday, ~60', ~45min with 32%.

Not sure what my computers gas was set to, I normally leave it at 32% but around 60ft it starting beeping telling me my P02 was near 2.7. I continued the dive but only did that one dive the day, I knew I was within safe diving limits for 32%.

At around 40 min I began to surface, once at my 20ft safety stop the computer began to do two things: 1) beep like mad and 2) jump from 13ft - 23ft.

I am assuming the beeping is related to the jumping of depth, The computer could only understand the depth was changing. But the jumping of depths bothers me, my DB also has a n2ition the depth was not changing like it was on mine so I know my buoyancy was not that horrid. I held our computers next to each other mine was jumping from 13-23ft the other was steady 18-20ft.

I was told this could be caused by a low battery, I assumed the computer would tell me when I needed a new battery and not just start acting wonky.

oh- and I am able to get my DB's computer to sync with the divelog software but not mine, the one I want to pull the data from and see what it recorded from the dive. My DB's divedata doesn't show any crazy up/downs during our dive. . .

I guess my question is does my N2ition have a "cannot dive me" timer after it has decided the diver in question should be dead (in this case me)?

attached is my DB's dive info from the other DC.

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 74
When I connect my DC to the computer and try to download data it kicks the DC out of PC mode and the computer tells me to connect a DC and try again. If I connect the other DC it syncs perfectly.

Is it even remotely possible you, in fact, DIDN'T have the mix set correctly on the computer. I have encountered exactly what you describe with mine and when i went back and examined all the settings.. stupid me didn't reset the mix value.... This was right after a battery change.

The default mix setting does Re-Set to 21% after a period of time. Can't remember exactly how long but I think it's either 24hrs or after a date chane?

Other than this one slip-up, (entirely my fault), the N2ition has functioned perfectly in all conditions including air temps of -20C and water temps of 0.7C

Is it even remotely possible you, in fact, DIDN'T have the mix set correctly on the computer. I have encountered exactly what you describe with mine and when i went back and examined all the settings.. stupid me didn't reset the mix value.... This was right after a battery change.

The default mix setting does Re-Set to 21% after a period of time. Can't remember exactly how long but I think it's either 24hrs or after a date chane?

Other than this one slip-up, (entirely my fault), the N2ition has functioned perfectly in all conditions including air temps of -20C and water temps of 0.7C
It is possible, last time I dove the DC was nearly 3 weeks ago. I dove 32% then as well though.

I shall try a battery change tomorrow and see what happens. . .
LOL!
Thats funny....you got the software to work...

yuppers, for one DC anyway :wink:

It is possible, last time I dove the DC was nearly 3 weeks ago. I dove 32% then as well though.

Double check your mix settings each day, just to be sure.

Once you change the battery, make SURE the default mix on mix 1 and mix 2 show 21%... they MAY be blank and if not set to any value.. you will see the same situation you described before...

That's a mistake I'll never make again.. it was rather amusing once I realized I had a computer with no mix value set flashing and beeping at me for being stupid :rofl3:

Thankfully, i was just playing in the shallows

Pretty sure the n2ition is the same as IQ700 and Nitek Duo. I have a duo and it resets both mixes at midnight if you are not in the water. If you had air (21%) set it stays set.

Mine does flash odd depths when it needs a battery. Had that happen in a few weeks or more than a year between changes once so never can tell. Battery indicator did not tell low batt but a change cured it every time so far.

Willem

THAT'S IT !!! Midnight mix reset to 21%!! Thanks, forgot exactly when it changes back to 21%

After a battery change the mix value display goes to -- and has to BE set

Double check your mix settings each day, just to be sure.

Once you change the battery, make SURE the default mix on mix 1 and mix 2 show 21%... they MAY be blank and if not set to any value.. you will see the same situation you described before...

That's a mistake I'll never make again.. it was rather amusing once I realized I had a computer with no mix value set flashing and beeping at me for being stupid :rofl3:

Thankfully, i was just playing in the shallows
AHH - one thing I do remember seeing on the screen was [NITROX] - Had never noticed that before. It might have been there but I didn't pay ANY attention to it.

Pretty sure the n2ition is the same as IQ700 and Nitek Duo. I have a duo and it resets both mixes at midnight if you are not in the water. If you had air (21%) set it stays set.

Mine does flash odd depths when it needs a battery. Had that happen in a few weeks or more than a year between changes once so never can tell. Battery indicator did not tell low batt but a change cured it every time so far.

Willem
seems like a design flaw if the battery low feature doesn't kick on until after the DC goes haywire. . .

I will definitely be checking my DC mix settings before EVERY dive and not assume it resets back to 21%. At least it isn't like my Aeris was and after it came out of the water for 10min it set itself to 50%. . . god that was annoying.

Willem

yes it is the same as both of those as well as the cressi sub archemedes.
i believe they are made by seiko but not positive on that one 100%

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom