Zeagle flathead 7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fyffer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Is the flatland 7 in din a good first reg setup. Comes with octo.bcd hose, drysuit hose, single pressure gauge spg. Which I like. For 250 can rebuilt 30 dives ago. Good deal or pass ?

Probably a decent deal. If you're diving in the USA or Caribbean you'll have to either buy a DIN to Yoke adapter, or convert the regulator to yoke.

When buying any used regulator, it's very important to have it serviced - then again every year. Most shops charge somewhere between $75 and $150 for servicing a regulator. That's not specific to Zeagle or the Flathead 7.

The Zeagle Flathead 7 is not the current model in that line. It's been discontinued and replaced by the Flathead 8 which sells for just over $600 new. Usually you have to buy an octo and SPG in addition to that price. The fact that it's been discontinued doesn't mean it's bad, though.

Before you decide, figure out if there are any dive shops that will service Zeagle regulators near you. If not, you'll be mailing it away every year. I'd pass if I were in that situation. If there is a Zeagle shop near you, then I'd go for it.

If you only dive once a week on vacation, the service costs might be more than rental costs would be. Therefore you'll never recoup the price of the regulator. But it's probably a better quality regulator than is available to rent in most places.

I dive every month or more. I live in Vancouver bc. Dive cold water. 2 shops both do zeagle. I test it on his tank too. It in very good shape he only selling because went side mount.

In that case, it sounds good to me.

Did you buy it? If yes, how do you like it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom