Zeagle DS-IV with 5 LP Ports!!!!! Really!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LJinFLA

Contributor
Reaction score
I just thought I would let people know that may not know. I just purchased a Zeagle DS-IV/ZX regulator, with DIN and the DIN to Yoke Adapter, new and received a Regulator that had 2 high pressure ports and 5 LP ports. The window in the environmental seal shows the label Zeagle ds-IV. The Specifications on the DS-IV (DS4)from Zeagle have 2 HP and 4 LP ports. The DSV (DS5) specification has 2 HP and 5 LP ports.

Needless to say i was confused and thought I might have gotten a counterfeit reg. I called Zeagle and they told me that when the current DSV design came out it was first distributed as the new year design of the DS-IV and therefore carried the DS-IV markings. However, they quickly decided that the reg was significantly different in design, features and breathing that they should probably rebrand it. Thus after a few months of shipping DS-IVs with 5 LP ports, they changed the labels to DSV. Zeagle assures me that they are in everyway identical to the ones labeled DSV.

What this means is that you can find DS-IVs out there at the old DS-IV model prices that are really DSVs! What a great deal. I purchased mine from a dealer that was going out of business so I got an even greater steal, but I called Leisure Pro for the heck of it,since they have the DS-IV/zx at $284. I had the sales rep pull one of the boxes, read me the labeling from the box and the reg. They both said DS-IV. Then I asked him to count the ports. They are the 2 HP, 5 LP models.

Thus, you can get a real deal on the DSV/ZX right now at LeisurePro (and probably elsewhere if you shop around) at DS-IV prices. I would call and ask them to pull the boxes and check the labels and ports, however, because they might run out or have more of the older ones.

Just thought I would share this since I wasn't able to find anything about this on this site.

(ScottZeagle: sorry to pitch LeisurePro, but it was the best example I could offer since this now defunct dealer doesn't have any left)

LJ

rescuediver009:
Yes yes... that is why it is called the DS-V.

I think I said that in the post.

My point is that some of the DS-Vs are labeled ds-IV both on the box and on the regulator. Many of the dealers that are selling them do not know they are the newer DSVs. They are selling them cheaper than you can find a DSV for.

This may not be a big deal around here but I thought I got a pretty good deal on a DSV at better than a DS-IV price.

Just thought would share. Sorry to bore you.

LJ

They are very similar in all but the outer shell, which just has 5 LP holes, the internals are the same. There is also available, or soon to be, a DS-VI, which has 6 Lp holes, 3 in a triangle on each side. I have DS-V's, but dont really use that central hole unless i am really desperate for another hose as it pokes in the back of your head (i would use 1 for each stage, 1 for wing inflation and 1 for DS inflation at most, i guess if i had a redundant wing i might need another), but it looks like the DS-VI has nice routing possibilities!

simbrooks:
They are very similar in all but the outer shell, which just has 5 LP holes, the internals are the same. There is also available, or soon to be, a DS-VI, which has 6 Lp holes, 3 in a triangle on each side. I have DS-V's, but dont really use that central hole unless i am really desperate for another hose as it pokes in the back of your head (i would use 1 for each stage, 1 for wing inflation and 1 for DS inflation at most, i guess if i had a redundant wing i might need another), but it looks like the DS-VI has nice routing possibilities!

That was what I would say. The DS-V is not very useful unless you haveit on doubles as the fifth port is right out the middle. I don't know about what ljINfla is saying about the price and the labelling. I am prety sure that the right reg would have the right label, but believe me I am not looking to debate that. I think that we both have better things to do. I think that the only really good use of the DS-V would be as mentioned for a user of a double bladder with a drysuit.

Back
Top Bottom