Zeagle concept warranty issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just have to point this out.....first post on this board is to complain about a vendor....

I all fairness, Herman, my first post here was to address a complaint about Zeagle....and the rest, as they say, is history. :wink:

The import thing, there is a website where people can complain, voice their concerns, and sometimes even sing the praises of others who love to dive.

Scott

^^ Scott, you sure know how to keep on the high road! :cool2::cool2:

I know this cooment is a year late, but I saw something interesting. It appears that the Zeagle Concept could have serious defect that you should know about.

"WARNING: If you purchased or own an older Zeagle Concept buoyancy compensator device produced after 1992 (similar to those units pictured) please read the following notice.

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DIVE WITH THIS BCD UNTIL THE BCD AIR CELL & FITTING HAS BEEN INSPECTED AND TESTED! DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REPAIR THIS BCD!

HISTORY: During our annual inspections of these older buoyancy devices we have discovered what we consider a serious elbow air cell attachment defect that could cause the separation of the oral inflator hose elbow from the inner air holding bladder. Zeagle has been notified and is aware of this problem. "

Here is a link the the defect information: ZEAGLE BCD DEFECT NOTICE & UPGRADE

What happened to the Kevin Hairs guy? He got a complimentary BX inflator to fix just yet and he didnt even post a thank you? WOW.

I love Zeagle. I know I am new but I now have two complete Zeagle gear for both myself and my brother.

Geez quess I am still getting e-mail notifications on this topic. Not another Zeagle "Super Fan" how does it work kiss Zeagles butt maybe get owner to give you special treatment if you have an issue. Really work that Zeagle gear out in Vegas hey? 0-24 dives and your going to comment how good your gear is? Weirdo go troll someone elses year old post.

Geez quess I am still getting e-mail notifications on this topic. Not another Zeagle "Super Fan" how does it work kiss Zeagles butt maybe get owner to give you special treatment if you have an issue. Really work that Zeagle gear out in Vegas hey? 0-24 dives and your going to comment how good your gear is? Weirdo go troll someone elses year old post.

:dork2::rofl3:

I know this cooment is a year late, but I saw something interesting. It appears that the Zeagle Concept could have serious defect that you should know about.

"WARNING: If you purchased or own an older Zeagle Concept buoyancy compensator device produced after 1992 (similar to those units pictured) please read the following notice.

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DIVE WITH THIS BCD UNTIL THE BCD AIR CELL & FITTING HAS BEEN INSPECTED AND TESTED! DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REPAIR THIS BCD!

HISTORY: During our annual inspections of these older buoyancy devices we have discovered what we consider a serious elbow air cell attachment defect that could cause the separation of the oral inflator hose elbow from the inner air holding bladder. Zeagle has been notified and is aware of this problem. "

Here is a link the the defect information: ZEAGLE BCD DEFECT NOTICE & UPGRADE

Thanks for the info, but the link doesn't work and a quick search didn't yield any results.

For Scott, I own a Zeagle Night Rider BCD from 1999 - essentially a version of the Concept. Any safety recalls I should be aware of?

Thanks for the info, but the link doesn't work and a quick search didn't yield any results.

For Scott, I own a Zeagle Night Rider BCD from 1999 - essentially a version of the Concept. Any safety recalls I should be aware of?

Nothing like talking to oneself! But thought I'd share that my BCD isn't affected - just in case anyone else wanders in wondering about the same. My connection uses stainless as opposed to carbon steel and I'm in good shape.

Back
Top Bottom