Zeagle BP/W set up?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shellbackdiver1

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Has anybody tried the Zeagle BP/W setup? I see lots of info on the board about DSS, OMS, Diverite and Halcyon but nothing about the Zeagle BP/W. I ask this cause in my part of world there actually is support for Zeagle with product on the shelf. Impossible to find DSS which im highly interested in trying. But with Zeagles reputation I would not hesitate to buy if there is some positive feedback.

Dive profile: single tank...sometimes steel sometime AL, 25C temp and up, 2.5mm wetsuit, 4kilo weight (8lb), camera in hand, always within the rec limits. Location Taiwan.

shellbackdiver1:
Has anybody tried the Zeagle BP/W setup? I see lots of info on the board about DSS, OMS, Diverite and Halcyon but nothing about the Zeagle BP/W. I ask this cause in my part of world there actually is support for Zeagle with product on the shelf. Impossible to find DSS which im highly interested in trying. But with Zeagles reputation I would not hesitate to buy if there is some positive feedback.

Dive profile: single tank...sometimes steel sometime AL, 25C temp and up, 2.5mm wetsuit, 4kilo weight (8lb), camera in hand, always within the rec limits. Location Taiwan.

Yep..still have one...an aul. I have 30# Zena wing on it...it leaks but still works.

When I "worked"(read for free)
for a guy that sold Zeagle, I used lots, and still own lots of Scotts gear. A friend of mine as well as myself love the SS BP....It really is nice,no kidding !

But...my friend put an "H" wing on his and I went on to start my own buisiness and use Oxycheq,that I now sell. I still have an Oxycheq wing on a "Z" BP...its now gotta go(the BP).

There is lots of nuts and bolts to set uo a Zeagle wing and BP.. I have had several malfunctions with the Z wings over the years,especially the wings bottom dump valves and I just about had a serious accident in Coz two years ago by a dump valve failing while being caught in a norte.

Scott has nice stuff and apparently gives great service. Too bad the guy I worked for free for did not have the same great service.

BTW...I have both the Aul Plate and SS. Both are rigged hog style. The lighter plate has the big weight pockets while the SS uses the much smaller and cleaner Oxycheq pockets.

Ron

I use the Zeagle BP system. I went with their system because at the time I was also diving a Zeagle Ranger. So I used the Ranger wing on the plate for diving double Al 80s. It worked great. Probably the biggest difference is how some of the wings attach with the 8 bolts. I have read some good reviews from folks using the All-Elastic baldder which I plan to give a try.

Zeagle wings are now available with the standard fit to any 11" bolt configuration, as seen the page of our newest product guide. (SB won't let me post a pic today.)

The older models, and all of our BC bladders can still be attached to a Zeagle backplate with our previous bolt system.

The All Elastic bladder is on the website here. The system shown on the Manta bladder is now standard.
http://www.zeagle.com/index.php?src=gendocs&id=83&category=Accessories

Chad

Back
Top Bottom