Zeagal ZX/DS-V

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Firediver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anybody on the board use this reg??? What do you think of it?? I found out I can get Zeagal here in Fredericton, and have it serviced here. Thanks

Marj

Hmm, since I have 3 of them, I'd guess I like them. :D The regs are great for cold water, breathe nice and dry in all diving positions. I have been known to literally stand on my head at depth to get a good picture and have had no problems.

Sweet.. Looks like my decision is made.. I had the post for cold water reg suggestions.. made a few phone calls around here.. and found out I can get zeagle here.. so I think I will start savin the pennies :p

I previously dove a Zeagle ZX/DS-IV as my primary, and had it below 150 ffw at 33 degrees, and it performed flawlessly. I'm sure the DS-V will serve you well.

Firediver:
Anybody on the board use this reg??? What do you think of it?? I found out I can get Zeagal here in Fredericton, and have it serviced here. Thanks

Marj

I bought one of those last spring and have been diving it in cold water around here and in Superior without an issue. A lot of the better dive shops around here use it as a rental reg, especially the one dealing with deep and cold water enthusiasts (Yes -most of us are in Minnesota).
This is an excellent buy.
I would choose the no swivel version of the reg (DS4, I think) just to avoid another potential failure point.

Op

I have a swivel I can add if I feel like it.. but for me it's a comfort thing... The proce I got here is $680 Canadian for First and Second Stage, and $150 for the Octo, Does that sound reasonable????

The DS-V has enough LP ports that your hose doesnt need to go on a swivel, which i think is the DST or something 1st stage.

I use the ZX/DS-V combo, although i dont test out its cold water capability regularly (coldest was 55F - brrr :wink: ), i have used it for hours at a time with no problems. Just bought a second 1st stage to use with my primary set for my doubles. I am not sure what i will get for a new singles set up, maybe the same? I have found it a little wet upside down, but not that bad at all. Dont have a problem with bubble interference or getting as much air as i need. I have had it used by two at 100ft (simulated OOA) a couple of 100ft back in a cave and it was fine too. I paid about $500 (US) for 1st, 2nd and octo with simple SPG, not sure what that works out to, but not beyond the price you are saying from what i can tell of exchange rates at the moment.

Firediver:
I have a swivel I can add if I feel like it.. but for me it's a comfort thing... The proce I got here is $680 Canadian for First and Second Stage, and $150 for the Octo, Does that sound reasonable????
I am not sure about that price, but I know that you can get the 50D for alot cheaper. $550 CDN at my LDS in Ontario. It is near the same, but it has the swivel. A little better I would say.
The DSV is a good reg too though. The only thing is the addition of that fifth lp port. It is kinda useless and its position puts it right into the back of your head.... Zeagle is a great reg and whereeve you get it you will like it. They are easy to service ad awesome performers.

The coldest I dive is -1.4 Degrees Celcius don't know the conversion. And in the Bay of Fundy< the Highest Tides in the World, also doesn't freeze over> Swivel or no swivel doesn't matter.. I do have a swuivel for the second stage regulator to go between the reg and the hose... so if I want to put it on the Zeagle are the swivels universal??? So I should expect to spend about $700ish CND. Should I go with the simple SPG and buy a computer separate?? Wrist mount is much easier to use I find, and have the SPG for my redundancey????

Oh you are talking about a 2nd stage swivel, not a turret swivel like the 50D style 1st stage. The 2nd stage swivel should be pretty much universal as the connections are pretty much the same for a lot of 2nd stages and i changed out my hoses with universal ones when i went to a long hose and short backup, i cant see a swivel being much different. -1.4C (29/30F?) is pretty cold water by anyone's standards :wink: Your call on SPG/Ai etc, plenty of threads out there on this, try a search :wink:

Back
Top Bottom