Yukon tangent thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If it makes y'all feel better, I withdraw the question! :rolleyes:

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Several posts have been removed. Most seem to revolve around a singular attack that was derailing the thread needlessly. Please return to your thread with sanity.

I have to say how annoying threads like this are.

I am not associated with the boat that had the accident. But having first hand knowledge of the accident since I was in the area and speaking to officials during the rescue operation yesterday am extremely frustrated at the amount of BS and how much everyone feels like they have to speculate. Wait for the report, offer your RIP and stop reading into news reports. They are all different. If you know someone who witnessed the accident get the knowledge from them directly and keep the rumors off the boards.

After saying that, I can tell you that about 90% of your comments are not accurate at all and do absolutely no good for the diving community.

Captain Brandon
TDI Technical Rebreather Dive Master

Could you please provide us a link to all these reports you contend would materialize if we were just willing to quietly wait?

You added "The Humboldt" to what was in the article, so my point stands. I agree that the first sentence is sloppy and could be misinterpreted (it was!) but it was you who interpolated the speculation that the boat had left the yukon, rather than the alternative interpretation which is that the divers had left the dive site and returned to the boat.

I should also have been more careful with my language: I meant to accuse the reporter of finger pointing, not you.

Oh sorry. Age 48, cold water, possible heavy current. That changes things. Maybe exertion and health played a factor.

:giggle:

Okay, this will probably start another flamer . . . :rolleyes: . . . would someone familiar with the dive site like to give a description of it?

EDIT: I mean, besides this: Yukon. I would like to learn about currents and vis, optimally.

Can we possibly do without the smilie-fest on an accident thread?

Wow! Think I'll be going, now . . . :sprint:

Awesome, Peter, thank you!

Back
Top Bottom