YSCUBA cert card question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi,

I have been certified about a month ago and today I received my card. The card itself does not have my picture on it (even though I had to bring one to my instructor). Should I be concerned?

Please answer my question.

Thank You!

Hi,

I have been certified about a month ago and today I received my card. The card itself does not have my picture on it (even though I had to bring one to my instructor). Should I be concerned?

Please answer my question.

Thank You!

No need to be conserned. If your instructor needed your picture, it was not to be put on the card. The YMCA cards have not had pictures on them for years. Alot of agencies do not have pictures on their cards. My bet is that your card is an OW card, or such. Since it is not a Leadership card such as DiveMaster or Instructor it does not have an expiration date on it. That is good in your case. Even though the YSCUBA is closing up shop, your certification is good forever, anywhere. It is recognized in the USA and elsewhere. If it was a Leadership card, it would have an expiration date on it.
I just got my DiveMaster card, I received it in the mail this week. It was issued at the end of last month and it expires at the end of this month,,,that sucks! I am crossing over to SEI right away.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom