YS-50 strobe base plate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jaynea

Registered
Reaction score
I have recently bought myself a Sea&Sea Motormarine EX II to start into the world of u/w photography but want to add a strobe. I have found a decent priced YS-50 but it does not come with a base plate but I have no idea where I could get one from or how much I should expect to pay. :confused:

Can anyone give me some ideas?

Thanks
Jayne

You have lots of options. Most base plates will work. Just about every company that makes arms has a Sea & Sea strobe adapter.

If you want cheap, look at Fantasea's arms. They're not bad at a cheap price.

Sea & Sea has a few options themselves. The Sea Arm IV isn't very good (it's just a pole that goes up/down). Their newer arms should be only slightly more expensive than Fantasea's.

Myself, I have a YS50. I live in Boston, so I drove up to Underwater PhotoTech in New Hampshire. I bought a ULCS plate and some bargain bin arms (older ULCS arms at $10 each). The entire setup with plate, arms, clamps & adapter was under $200.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom