YS-40 strobe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phil4

Reaction score
undefinedundefined

I am new into scuba photography, and presently looking at a digital underwater camera with a strobe. I have looked at the DX-3100 camera that can be purchased for about $450.00, and a YS 40 Strobe for less than $100.00. What I need to know is this a good for a started system, and if not what should I be looking at in this price range.

Thanks

Phil

:bounce:

Whether it's good for a starter system depends on what you expect out of it. In that price range it's not bad, you could get good snapshot quality pics from it.

If you're looking for results along the line of what is posted here daily, you'll need to speed more money on a better camera and srobe system.

I dont believe that the YS40 strobe is compatible with the DX-3100 (Aquapix) camera. The YS40 is made specifically for the Sea&Sea MX-10 and maybe the newer MX-5. Both are film cameras. There is a newer version (still several years old)of the YS40 called the YS40a but the compatibility issue is still the same.

Sea&Sea strobes that are listed as "recommended" for the DX-3100 are more in the lines of $300 to $400 and you will have to purchase the "bottom plate", an arm, and a fiber optic cable to trigger the strobe.

I have a DX-3000G and a DX25 strobe for it. The strobe with the accessories I mentioned cost about $450 total.

Double check the compatibility issue before you purchase.

Back
Top Bottom