YS 27 Dx any good??????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seaworm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm pretty new to uw photography. Anyways I'm going to buy rx100 m2 or g16 and which ever I buy an ikelite housing will bought. Later on I plan to buy a better housing but I know someone that's selling a YS 27.... Will this strobe work with rx100 or g16 ikelite housing? I'm foc will be needed. Please info me if I will have a problem. I can't afford a good strobe yet.

I used to have a YS27 it is a good strobe for macro. It does have a cancel pre-flash mode so it should work for the RX100. However consider that its beam coverage is quite limited so all you will be able to do is close up work
Also it does not have any TTL so you will need to adjust the power knob each time you shoot

So your saying a foc will be needed no matter what? The price to go with a dslr full package is $$$$$ mind blowing$$$$$...... I plan to do mostly macro stills and some video, however I love taking pic. I been told go with g16 bc its a brighter lens and better at macro. Others say rx100 m2 due to the large senor.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom