Youth BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jenkinskc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am looking for a reasonably priced BCD for my 10 year old son for an upcoming scouting trip to Seabase in Florida. He is a smaller guy, and will probably need a XS in size.

If you have something that is well cared for and reasonably priced please let me know, he is getting ready to do his OW certification before his June trip.

Also, we are looking for a reasonably priced Reg/Octo setup for him as well.

Many thanks in advance.

Brad

If you can see this thread and want a great BC and start him off right and probably might even be most cost effective route.

The Deco Stop

single piece webbing through a stainless backplate. a small travel wing from OxyCheq, an STA.

Backplate/Wing system

indyharness1.jpg

indyharness2.jpg

indyharness3.jpg

You can piece this together or even use a HOG System if it would fit.

I would love to get him a setup like this but right now $350 for a rig is just not feasible. If someone knows a way to cut some cost on a setup like this let me know.

Not sure of cost or exact componets but I knwo the guy pieced it together. Follow the link provided in above and and send him a PM asking about parts and about how much.

No problem, I saw that and thought it was about the coolest thing. Can't wait till my daughter is old enough lol.... She already wants to dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom