You're not that good

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What a great article. A lot more people need to read this, it very well may save their life or prevent them from injuries.

So many people today let social media influence decisions that may have life altering long term effects. They see something that is interpreted as cool or trending and then want to do it themself so their social media friends or followers in return see them in the same way and to gain more followers.

Reading this would really open some people's eyes and help thoes who need to rediscover their common sense which has been hiding behind their egos and wallets.

Thanks for sharing.

VERY good article. It emphasizes (to me, anyway) the need to stay well within your (recent) experience and training. There are some more advanced dives that I would LOVE to take on, but I am realistic enough to know that I do not have the experience or training to do them.So, until I have that experience and training, I will not even try them. Even if you do have the proper training, everyone has a bad day, and has to call a dive once in a while. There is no shame is saying "not this dive" or even "not today" if you don't feel comfortable doing a dive. It all comes down to knowing your own capabillities, and NOT exceeding them. Definitely food for thought.

Adam

Good article. Did anyone notice the link to the MiniDive 'product' in the comments? A 'SpareAir' with a connection for a regular (not integrated) second stage.

sigh... It's not only social media and overestimation of one's own capabilities that can kill divers; dumb products can contribute too. It's targeted as a shallow dive tool - looks like an embolism machine to me...

Accueil - MiniDive

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom